D.C. Area Babies

INOVA Alexandria deliverers come in

Hi Ladies,

So I am trying to think about upcoming dates we'll need to pencil in for the spring, like birthing classes and  hospital tour and such.  We're delivering at Alexandria and I just today found the link online to register for a tour.  The dates available start at the end of April, which makes me think I need to sign up now.  What do you think?

When did you do birthing classes and go on your tour?  

I'm a Physicians & Midwives patient if that helps.

Thanks!!

BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My Book Blog

Re: INOVA Alexandria deliverers come in

• I didn't deliver there but we did our weekend class/tour around 30 weeks
  • We waited until the last min for almost all of our classes. Embarrassed I think I was 35 weeks or something like that when I took Lamaze (not at Alex). We did the tour and the breastfeeding class around the same time at Alex. It defnitely wouldn't hurt to sign up now...you can always cancel.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was around 33 weeks when we did our tour.  I signed up for it very early because our availability was limited.

We honestly didn't get anything out of the child birth class we took through INOVA.  We stopped going...

• I almost went to Physcians and Midwives. :)

I did the tour around 33 weeks, also. I took the 1 day birthing class early 3rd tri.

• Do they still offer the birthing class that meets at the kenmore P&M location?  That is what we did when we had Kenzie.  Then we took the tour through the class.  I want to say it was at about 30 weeks.
    Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • We took birth classes through P&M (Liz M. was the instructor), which included a hospital tour as part of the class.   We did the multi-week class, starting I think at about 28 weeks or so.

They probably only have dates in April because of the H1N1 visitor restrictions -- the cancelled all tours starting back in the fall and have just recently started scheduling tours again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJenGK:

We took birth classes through P&M (Liz M. was the instructor), which included a hospital tour as part of the class.   We did the multi-week class, starting I think at about 28 weeks or so.

They probably only have dates in April because of the H1N1 visitor restrictions -- the cancelled all tours starting back in the fall and have just recently started scheduling tours again.

Good point on the H1N1 - didn't think of that!

Yes, Liz is still the one doing the classes for P&M and I have contacted her.  Sounds like the way to go - thanks Ladies!!!

BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • I did mine in the beginning of 3rd tri so I wouldn't be uncomfortable and because I wanted a Sat. class.  When you do go into labor make sure someone brings you food to your hospital room, their food sucks.  The L&D floor was great but the PP floor is overwhelmed (too many patients and not enough RNs) so also make sure someone stays with you to help with LO. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"