Georgia Babies

Music Poll

One thing I love about music is that one song can bring up so many emotions and take you back into time. There are a few songs that take me back to an exact day/hour/minute of my life and all those emotions from that moment come rushing back.

What songs do that to you?

For me, one of them is Beautiful Day by U2 (listening to it right now actually which is what inspired this poll). It was the song that we used for our intro song for our reception. Everytime I hear that song, all the emotions I felt on my wedding day come flooding in. We had so many significant songs from that day, but none of them effect me like Beautiful Day.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Music Poll

• every song in the world brings me back.   I am going to compile a list of songs one of these days that will be the soundtrack of my life.  

We had about 5 or 6 songs at our wedding that always bring me back.   One of them is Dream Academy's "Please, please, please let me get what I want".  I still makes me cry.   I walked down the aisle to that.   And our recessional song was "Yellow" by Coldplay.  

• The Piano Solo from Layla was playing at our reception as we left, it was so much fan and I was so happy, still brings me tears.
  • Loading the player...
  • The Dance by Garth Brooks reminds me of when of my bff's passed away.  It was played at his funeral and I remember listening to that song and knowing that I wasn't a kid anymore.  I officially grew up in that moment.  It's very bittersweet.  I can't believe almost 15 years later how vivid that memory is, and how much I still miss my friend.

Brass Monkey takes me instantly back to High School w/ just the first few notes.

Breakfast in Bed by UB40 reminds me of dating my husb.

• Um, let's see...

Anytime I hear a particular song by The Pernice Brothers or Pinback, it reminds me of when DH and I had been dating only two months and went on a roadtrip to Nashville and Memphis to see both bands in just 24 hours. It was nuts.

Right now, I'm stuck on a kick where I'm getting sucked back into my daily soundtrack from '98-'99 - when I graduated college. There were about five CDs in HEAVY rotation on my player. The odd thing is that three of the CDs were soundtracks: The Saint, Romeo & Juliet, and Great Expectations.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our whole wedding party walked into The Soprano's Theme song--which I love!!

Anything by New Order reminds me of high school. Also, "I Go Crazy" by Flesh for LuLu is another high school reminder--I was a total new waver:)

Bad by U2 reminds me of my very first boyfriend (when I was 14-innocent puppy love).  In fact anything by U2 moves me and instantly puts me in a good move!!

But my most favorite song of all, that reminds me of high school, college, partying with my family and friends is "You Dropped a Bomb on Me"  that's my theme song. DH refused to have it as our first song though--we did dance to Alicia Keyes "If I ain't got you"

• imageMrs.Guz:

One thing I love about music is that one song can bring up so many emotions and take you back into time. There are a few songs that take me back to an exact day/hour/minute of my life and all those emotions from that moment come rushing back.

For me, one of them is Beautiful Day by U2 (listening to it right now actually which is what inspired this poll). It was the song that we used for our intro song for our reception. Everytime I hear that song, all the emotions I felt on my wedding day come flooding in. We had so many significant songs from that day, but none of them effect me like Beautiful Day.

How ironic Mrs. G.  DH and I also played Beautiful Day by U2 for the intro song to our reception.  I love that song.  I have not heard it in ages.  You just brought a smile to my face thinking back on our wedding day.  I just told DH and he wants to know if I want to watch our Wedding video AGAIN... LOL

We danced to Etta James, At Last... What did u dance to?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMylittlehill:
    imageMrs.Guz:

How ironic Mrs. G.  DH and I also played Beautiful Day by U2 for the intro song to our reception.  I love that song.  I have not heard it in ages.  You just brought a smile to my face thinking back on our wedding day.  I just told DH and he wants to know if I want to watch our Wedding video AGAIN... LOL

We danced to Etta James, At Last... What did u dance to?

U2 again. "All I Want Is You". We're HUGE U2 fans. Beautiful Day has become our song though.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagemyrall:

Um, let's see...

Anytime I hear a particular song by The Pernice Brothers or Pinback, it reminds me of when DH and I had been dating only two months and went on a roadtrip to Nashville and Memphis to see both bands in just 24 hours. It was nuts.

Right now, I'm stuck on a kick where I'm getting sucked back into my daily soundtrack from '98-'99 - when I graduated college. There were about five CDs in HEAVY rotation on my player. The odd thing is that three of the CDs were soundtracks: The Saint, Romeo & Juliet, and Great Expectations.

ohh, I forgot about Kissing You from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack. That's another one that reminds me of my dh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"