Two Under 2
Options

Honda Pilot ?

Does anyone have this car? we are looking at trading in my car for something bigger and this seems to be a decently priced SUV with a lot of seating, I believe it has 7 or 8 seats. We want to have 3 kids eventually so we figure might as well get a bigger car now and be more comfy now. If you have one, do you like it? can you give me some pro's and cons of this car!

TIA 

Re: Honda Pilot ?

• Options
    I don't have one, but I've got a friend who traded a tahoe for one.  She and her husband liked it so much, that her husband traded his truck for one the next year!  I've driven theirs, it's comfortable, roomy, and not "truck-like", which is big for me.  DH and I looked at them when the new body style came out, and were really impressed.  We didn't get one at that point, though, because DH didn't like that it was front-wheel drive.
  • Options

We have one and I love it! The 3rd row is really close to the second row so I would never put an adult back there, but it is perfect for kids. We usually have the third row folded down and that gives us tons of room to bring our BOB stroller and all the other toys and such we tote around with us. 

I think you can also fit 3 car seats on the second row. I plan on having several kids so we bought it for this purpose.  

Ours also has 4-wheel drive which I didnt think we would use that much but it has come in handy this winter. 

I was concerned about driving such a big vehicle because I had never driven anything but a Corolla, but it drives a lot like a car and doesnt seem as big as it is. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We bought a new car last week.  I really wanted a Pilot but like you, we want 3 kids and the 3rd will probably be only 2-3 years away.  The Pilot, IMO, is too small for 3 kids.  You can't put 3 carseats/boosters across the 2nd row.  The 2nd row also only splits 60/40 (you have to put the middle and driver down together and then the passaenger folds separately) and a split where each seat folds individually is much better for getting your oldest kid in the 3rd row if you want to do that instead of the 3 carseats across the 2nd row.  Even with the 3rd row down, I didn't think it had great space in the back.  It drives great and is affordably priced but it just didn't work with 3 kids. 

We ended up with a Nissan Armada.  You can easily fit 3 carseats across the 2nd row and there is plenty of room to maneuver around the ones on the side to get to the middle.  All the 2nd row seats fold individually so it provides a lot more options to getting to the 3rd row.  It has good trunk space, particularly with the 3rd row down (and the 3rd row folds down electronically from a panel in the trunk which is super convenient).  It's big, a good bit more expensive that the Pilot and definitely not as gas effecient, but we went with it because it's going to work for us for longer.  We like to keep our cars at least 8 years.  If you are the type who trade in cars every 3-4 years, you might prefer to go with something like the Pilot now and upgrade to a larger car once you actually have a 3rd child.

I've also heard good things about the Toyota Sequoia, GMC Yukon and Tahoe with 3 kids as well.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I have a pilot and Iove it. However I have the same concerns as the above poster mentioned.  I could never fit 3 carseats across my 2nd row...unless I found really narrow car seats.  And I think it would only be optimal for an older child in the 3rd row, not a younger child.  You would also have to either have them climb over the seats to get back there, or remove carseats to fold down the 2nd row.  You might be able to do 2 car seats with a booster in the middle for the 2nd, but I am not there yet.

Overall though, it is a great car.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Have you checked out the Honda Odyssey?  I absolutely love everything about it!  I never would have thought I would drive never less love a mini van but its perfect for our lifestyle.  We have three kids and can seat all three in the second row.  We decided to move our eldest son to the third row simply b/c he asked.  The best thing about this car -- the automatic sliding doors.  This is such a biggie -- b/c I no longer have to fumble trying to open the doors.  I click the button and both kids run to the car and climb in all on their own.  wow........other perks, DVD player, wireless headphones, side airbags, video cam for reverse driving, and the storage.  The trunk is deep and we can fit our double stroller and all of the grocery without having to lower the third bench.  There are so many other perks....thought I'd recommend it. 

• Options
    We just test drove one last weekend.  I loved it!  We are looking for something with a 3rd row.  We have all of our family out of state and need something larger than our CR-V for when they come visit.  (It seems like one of them is always here).  I want the 3rd row, not to use all the time, but just when we need it.  I thought the Pilot VERY roomy without feeling bulky.  We are big fans of any Honda product though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"