Attachment Parenting

cio in my arms?

Does that count? Matthew has been fighting his nap for an hour now and he won't stop crying even when I'm holding him. I think he just dropped off out of exhaustion but I still can't put him down- tried 2x and he woke screaming.

He's never done this before.

ETA I know he's overtired because he kept rolling to his tummy last night and my husband kept trying to roll him back.

Re: cio in my arms?

• Aww, hugs.  Been there.  I don't think it counts as CIO if you are holding and trying to comfort while he's crying.
  • It is NOT CIO if they are in your arms.  They re being held and loved by a parent.  Sometimes they're just cranky.  Some kids just go to sleep crying (NCSS says that that's just how some kids release energy at the end of the day).

Also...I know it's scary, but once he can roll onto his stomach, just let him sleep.  You can't control that and none of you will get sleep if you try.  I talked to our pediatrician about it when Jack started rolling, and she basically said it's impossible to control, so let him go:-)  Keep putting him down on his back, but then relax and sleep.  

BFP 1/6/12 TTC#2 since June 2010 Diagnosed PCOS and started Metformin December 2011 BabyFruit Ticker DS1 - Jack 9/28/08 Birth Doula and ICAN Leader
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKimberJEB:

It is NOT CIO if they are in your arms.  They re being held and loved by a parent.  Sometimes they're just cranky.  Some kids just go to sleep crying (NCSS says that that's just how some kids release energy at the end of the day).

This is my babe.  She needs to fuss a bit and sometimes even escalates to release enough energy to sleep. 

Also, if it is not the norm for your LO then he may just be going through a growth spurt (the rolling!!!) and thinks the world is too interesting to sleep.  S just finally started to sleep again a few days ago after learning to roll belly to back.  She would stay up all day and night "practicing".

Good luck and hang in there!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"