North Dakota Babies

Rachel

Yes!!! I remember reading that cheese and dairy products don't help cystic pimples at all!!! Stay away!! Also, high salt content foods too!! Did you take the appt at the dermo even though it's in a month from now?

Re: Rachel

• Yeah...I made an appt.  My mom doesn't think they will give me a pill or anything because it isn't bad enough.  She is not sure if my breakouts are cystic or not.  Well...they feel like it to me!  Granted, I only get one or two at a time and they are small but they are super hard and so painful (with nothing in them).  I spoke with the derm and she said that sometimes,  cysts (when you never had them prior) are brought on by a lack of sleep causing a hormonal change.  I haven't really slept for 10 months, so maybe???

Well, I already don't eat meat and I have been wanting to cut out dairy to see if it helps and makes me feel better.  What the heck will I eat?!  I guess I will have to go get a vegan recipe book! Haha!

• And I love how I am openly talking about this on a public forum!  Gross! Embarrassed
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea, who cares how gross it is - when a woman needs help, she needs help.  And now with a baby on the way, I'm convinced nothing is really TMI anymore, lol.

So, my cycstic pimples are precisely as you describe.  I never get more than one at a time and they usually pop up a week before my period.  Cystic pimples feel as if they would shoot a mile into the air if you popped them, but then nothing comes out - trust me, what you're describing is exactly it.  I don't ever remember reading about lack of sleep causing them, but aren't you still breastfeeding?  If you are, your hormones aren't back to "normal" and that could be what's causing them.  You might be right, that your doc won't give you anything to take orally, but he might make you try a whole process of elimination game (something I'd been trying for years before I figured out there was nothing I could do, they'd just pop up right before my period and that's that... actually... getting pregnant stopped them, so there's my winner).

I really hope it gets better for you - I totally know how much of a PITA those pimples can be.  And I know how hard it is not to touch them, but please try to stay away.  The last thing you want is scarring.  If you happen to find the mighty cure, please clue me in.  If it means being vegan, we'll be vegan together.  As long as I can have my pasta with marinara, I don't care WHAT I eat.  Stick out tongue

• I have learned to not mess with them now, but that wasn't the case in the beginning. I still sometimes give in, but I try not to! I have heard that if you have breakouts before pregnancy, that you won't during and vice versa.  So weird!

I am still breastfeeding...so maybe?  Kash better thank me for this when I am all old and scarred!  Haha!

What do you wash with on a daily basis?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"