Parenting after a Loss

Protesting going to sleep

LO has been hard to get down to sleep lately. She used to go down so easy at night and even easier after night feedings, but now she wont.  Last night I fed her and put her down around 8:30 (which is the time she's been going down), and she went down for a little, then the fussing started, then the crying, she didn't finally go to sleep till after 10:30 or so. Then I fed her this morning and she fell asleep after she ate like she usually does, but when I put her down she woke up, She sometimes does open her eyes, but then will go right back down, nope 5 minutes later she was crying, then the screaming started. I go back to work tomorrow and I've been up since 4:45. Not helpful.  I don't let her cry, but I let her fuss and I can't sleep while she fusses. 

Why won't she just give in and sleep? She puts up such a fight no matter how tired she is.

Re: Protesting going to sleep

• Seriously you and I need to get together for a big hug. Our babies are so alike! I like to think they are so darn smart they cannot stop thinking!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTheEnglishgirl:
    Seriously you and I need to get together for a big hug. Our babies are so alike! I like to think they are so darn smart they cannot stop thinking!!!!

Im sorry youre going through this too, but its nice to not be alone!!!  Left HugRight Hug  ((big hugs))

• Loading the player...
  • Do you think she could be gassy? Nick does this sometimes if he's got some bubbles. I've started giving him some Mylicon before his last bottle of the night and I think it really helps. I've also found that since I've started the pacifier he's sleeping much better..putting a binky in his mouth is much easier than rocking him back to sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecoraandmike:
    Do you think she could be gassy? Nick does this sometimes if he's got some bubbles. I've started giving him some Mylicon before his last bottle of the night and I think it really helps. I've also found that since I've started the pacifier he's sleeping much better..putting a binky in his mouth is much easier than rocking him back to sleep.

She definitely could be gassy. I give her drops sometimes but I can try giving them to her before her last feeding.  She does have a pacifier, but getting her to keep it in her mouth is a whole other issue. Sometimes she takes it, sometimes she fights it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"