Indiana Babies
Options

WOW

So here's a little bit more info.  We have been TTA with a diaphragm  (ps they don't work).  I have been feeling really off the last week. Light headed and just run down.  I just took it in stride as I have a 7 month old and I work 50 hours a week.  Last night I couldn't sleep and was thinking random things and realized I couldn't remember when my LPM was.  I knew it was some time in January and seeing as we are almost done with February I figured that I should probably take a test just to be sure.  Never in a million years did I think it would come back positive.  I thought I was bat sh*t crazy for even taking a test

I am happy don't get me wrong.  I am just really shocked and surprised.  It wasn't what I had planned but life isn't always what you plan right?  I'm just trying to figure out how to tell Scott and he wasn't even sure he wanted to TTC any time soon.

Deleted

Re: WOW

• Options
    I can't imagine how shocked you must be.  I'm pretty sure I would be too! :)  I hope your DH takes it well.  I agree that sometimes life doesn't always go according to plan.  Congrats again.
  • Options

Wow is right! As a mama with a baby Evie's age, I am putting myself in your shoes and know that I'd be shocked, too!

Either way, I wish you nothing but a H+H 9 months! Good luck telling Scott - do you tihnk you'll do something "cutesy" or just sit him down and tell him? I have no idea what I would do.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG! That is quite a shock! Congrats and a HH to you though! Sounds like we will be due right around the same time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageNDwife07:

Good luck telling Scott - do you tihnk you'll do something "cutesy" or just sit him down and tell him? I have no idea what I would do.

I don't think cutesy is going to be appropriate in this situation.  I had wanted when the time came to put Evie in a "big sister" t-shirt and see how long it too him to realize it.  But given the shock value of this I think it's going to be a "honey we need to talk" type of conversation.  I telling myself I am not going to judge him on his initial reaction because my initial reaction was vomiting (just because of shock).  

Deleted
  • Options

DH and I found out that it doesn't work to make your own plans because God (or the University or whatever you believe) LAUGHS at your plans, lol!

We had the perfect home, perfect jobs, lived 5 miles from my parents, 40 from his, were finally settled, so we got KU and then a month later he get his orders from Uncle Sam.  He was away for the entire pg, I sold the house and had the kid (he showed up the week before), he moved here into a hotel, I stayed until we found a house, and so now we're in a completely different world and just said "Bring on LO Number Two!"

Congrats, I wish you the best breaking it to your DH, and hope you have a quick adjustment period getting used to the idea.  

When you do, let us know and we'll help you celebrate!!!!

ETA: UNIVERSE, not UNIVERSITY, lols!

• Options
    imagesarahann1941:

imageNDwife07:

Good luck telling Scott - do you tihnk you'll do something "cutesy" or just sit him down and tell him? I have no idea what I would do.

I don't think cutesy is going to be appropriate in this situation.  I had wanted when the time came to put Evie in a "big sister" t-shirt and see how long it too him to realize it.  But given the shock value of this I think it's going to be a "honey we need to talk" type of conversation.  I telling myself I am not going to judge him on his initial reaction because my initial reaction was vomiting (just because of shock).  

I figured as much, that maybe it was more of a "conversation" type of thing. Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would have peed my pants when that test came back postitive if I were you!!  I'm excited for you though!!  You should see if you can go and get a Big Sister shirt for Evie to wear to tell your DH!!  We've been parading Ellie around in hers and it's been fun to see people's reactions.  I made mine from a plain onesie and iron on letters I got from Michael's.  Meijer had some big sis shirts a few weeks back for $4.  The one Andrea had for Jake was really cute, too.  I *think* she got it at Kohl's maybe.
  • Options

imagemrs.melluvslogan:
    I would have peed my pants when that test came back postitive if I were you!!  I'm excited for you though!!  You should see if you can go and get a Big Sister shirt for Evie to wear to tell your DH!!  We've been parading Ellie around in hers and it's been fun to see people's reactions.  I made mine from a plain onesie and iron on letters I got from Michael's.  Meijer had some big sis shirts a few weeks back for $4.  The one Andrea had for Jake was really cute, too.  I *think* she got it at Kohl's maybe.

If all goes well, and my doc confirms.  I'm worried as I've been using spermicide for the past 2 weeks and it says very large and bold on the package do not use if pregnant.  We will use a big sister shirt to tell my brother and his family and probably our friends.  That should be fun.

Deleted
  • Options

imagemrs.melluvslogan:

I just realized you and I are pretty close together too!

• Options
    I was in total shock too, and even cried about it (mainly b/c we weren't engaged yet and I'm a teacher so it's pretty frowned upon).   We used protection, but for some reason it failed on us too.  It happens a lot more than you realize--I have 3 friends currently in the same situation.  Thankfully, Todd was very supportive and now I feel really blessed about it as I'm coming up on 34 and have seen so many people IRL and on here struggle with infertility. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow is right!  I would have been shocked too!  Congratulations and good luck!
  • Options
    imagesarahann1941:

imageNDwife07:

Best of luck with your conversation.  I'm sure the next few days are going to be completely overwhelming with different emotions.

• Options
    imagesarahann1941:

imagemrs.melluvslogan:

If all goes well, and my doc confirms.  I'm worried as I've been using spermicide for the past 2 weeks and it says very large and bold on the package do not use if pregnant.  We will use a big sister shirt to tell my brother and his family and probably our friends.  That should be fun.

We must have been posting at the same time.  lol.  Totally understand why you don't want to pull the shirt on your DH.  I'm sure everything will be fine with the spermicide.  I like to say that crackwhores have completely healthy (albeit maybe skinny) babies all the time, so you should be fine.  ;)

When was your LMP?

• Options
    Oh my gosh!  It's funny how life surprises you.  Congrats!
  • Options
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:

I like to say that crackwhores have completely healthy (albeit maybe skinny) babies all the time, so you should be fine.  ;)

Not going to lie, I totally thought you were calling her a crackwhore the first time I read this.

• Options
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:
    imagesarahann1941:

imagemrs.melluvslogan:

We must have been posting at the same time.  lol.  Totally understand why you don't want to pull the shirt on your DH.  I'm sure everything will be fine with the spermicide.  I like to say that crackwhores have completely healthy (albeit maybe skinny) babies all the time, so you should be fine.  ;)

When was your LMP?

I have no idea.  Maybe January 18 or 20?  I haven't been keeping track since I wasn't temping yet and I can hardly remember what day it is any way.

Deleted
  • Options
    imagefruitcakes:
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:

I like to say that crackwhores have completely healthy (albeit maybe skinny) babies all the time, so you should be fine.  ;)

Not going to lie, I totally thought you were calling her a crackwhore the first time I read this.

lmao!!  It does kinda sound like that.  I wasn't, for the record.

• Options
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:
    imagefruitcakes:
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:

lmao!!  It does kinda sound like that.  I wasn't, for the record.

I feel like I'm crack right now.  Like this can't be real life and I'm just on a really weird high.

Deleted
  • Options
    imagesarahann1941:

I feel like I'm crack right now.  Like this can't be real life and I'm just on a really weird high.

Oh man, I'm sorry.  For the record - I don't think you're a crackwhore either Smile

• Options
    imagefruitcakes:
    imagesarahann1941:

Oh man, I'm sorry.  For the record - I don't think you're a crackwhore either Smile

Thanks.Smile

Deleted
  • Options
    imagesarahann1941:
    imagemrs.melluvslogan:
    imagesarahann1941:

imagemrs.melluvslogan:

When was your LMP?

I have no idea.  Maybe January 18 or 20?  I haven't been keeping track since I wasn't temping yet and I can hardly remember what day it is any way.

My LMP was Jan 19, so we'll be very close on dates. We were TTC, but never in a million years thought it would work since Jake was an IVF baby.

I hope everything goes OK.  It will be a shock, but hopefully in a few days you can start to get used to the idea and start making plans.

I'm here for you, just page me if you want to talk!!

• Options

Wow is right! 

As far as telling DH, DS was a total surprise too... I was on the pill.  He didn't even know I was late and taking a test when I took it.  I was sure it would be negative so I didn't want to freak him out.  I was in such shock that it was a BFP that I came out of the bathroom and said "Honey, I think I might have something to tell you."  Honestly, he was more calm and less freaked out than I was.  Good luck!

• Options

You may not know this, since it's been 4 years since I announced my BFP with Jackson, but he was unplanned.  I was on hormonal BC and somehow ended up pregnant (no antibiotics or anything).  Anyway, it was a shock.  I was in my 2nd year of law school and when I found out, we just cried and cried.  At the time, I wanted my life to be perfect, and planned - and it doesn't work that way.  It took me awhile to get used to the idea that we were having a baby (b/c that was never a question for us), but honestly, Jackson is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me.

It will work out - and it will probably end up better than you ever could have planned anyway.  :)

Also, my biggest piece of advice - and this is my biggest regret - is don't let anyone else make you feel like this is anything but wonderful.  I absolutely HATE that I let our parents act upset when we told them.  My MIL told us "well there is such a thing as birth control."  Thanks.  I just really regret that we didn't present it to everyone that we were nothing but thrilled.  I wish we had kept our fears to ourselves and not let it encroach on the way we told people, b/c it opened the door to people being critical and asking personal questions about our BC and stuff.  We were married, MH was employed and we owned a home (in Carmel even!), and yet it was still treated like we were 16 and pregnant by them for quite awhile.

• Options
    Congratulations and best of luck in the coming days! I can't even imagine the shock but I'm sure after a few days you and your DH will have had time to let it sink in and everything will be fine! 
  • Options

Oh my goodness!  Wow is right, but your right life never happens as planned.  Congrats!

EDT:  my brother has 3 girls and the middle and last one are 14months apart and they are the best of friends.  I know it's a shock now, but after that wears off, you'll realize how fun two so close together can be.

BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options
    Awww, ((Hugs)) and congrats! Good luck to you breaking the news to DH. Everyone has already given you such great advice. I just want you to know that the best women to talk to are those on here. Wishing you H&H 9months.
    ~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness!  I know I'm late on this, but congratulations!  You both must be shocked.  I'm glad that everything went well with telling him and you are both excited (yet shocked) to be expecting another little blessing.  Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"