Working Moms

Free events

Reading the weekend thread let me know about the Dr. Suess storytime at Target so I wanted to share another I just heard about: free clinics at Lowes/Home Depot where you can take your kids to make projects. I just signed DD and DH up to make a "carbot" at Lowes tomorrow morning.

Share any other ideas you guys have!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Free events

• This isn't free, it's $5 per family, but a local gym is hosting a puppet show this evening.  I wanted to go but DH said DS wouldn't really care about it because he's too young, lol.  I guess they have them once a month though.  So that's another spot to check for activities!
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • imageYellowBride:

Reading the weekend thread let me know about the Dr. Suess storytime at Target so I wanted to share another I just heard about: free clinics at Lowes/Home Depot where you can take your kids to make projects. I just signed DD and DH up to make a "carbot" at Lowes tomorrow morning.

Share any other ideas you guys have!

Since you are in the Philly area you might like this:  I get an email from this website weekly and there are some fun things one here for kids and some of them are free! (there is a free tab you can click on) 

https://www.phillyfunguide.com/event/cat/kids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Every season I check out the Parks and Rec brochure for my town and the nearby towns.  There are always free family events at the nearby parks or civic centers, like concerts, picnics, fairs, etc. that we love to go to.  Our libraries all have story time and one has it on Sat am, so we frequent that.  Our libraries are just fun places to go to in the winter anyway b/c they have tons of educational toys and we get new books to read for the next week to keep us busy. 

Sign up for travelzoo.com and ticketmaster.com emails for discounts on kids' shows.  I received an email from travelzoo for Disney on ice tix for 25% - 50% off and another from ticketmast for $3 off/ticket. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • we tour the local libraries for baby storytime.  They have even more programs for toddlers and older kids, like free concerts, movies, classes, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"