Baby Names

Audrey vs. Amelia vs. Abigail

Which "A" name do you like best and why?  Thanks in advance!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Audrey vs. Amelia vs. Abigail

• Definitely Abigail. I have no idea why, but I just love it. I think all 3 are nice names.

• I like Amelia, then Abigail, then Audrey. I absolutely LOATHE Audrey. I think it is one of the ugliest names in the English language. It is only slightly better than Aubrey.

That said, hats off to you for having thee actual names in the running! Amelia is really cute.  

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Amelia

2. Abigail

3. Audrey

• Amelia, then Audrey, then Abigail.

Mostly I just think Abigail is a boring name. Audrey is ok, I like Aubrey better. 

• 100% Audrey.  It's classic and when I think of a girl named Audrey I think of someone smart, sophisticated and pretty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Audrey - makes me think of Breakfast at Tiffany's Smile I don't like Amelia but I don't have a reason for it, it's a pretty name just nms.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Amelia then Abigail...  just like them.  Don't care for Audrey much.
  • imageBelleIsa:
    100% Audrey.  It's classic and when I think of a girl named Audrey I think of someone smart, sophisticated and pretty.

i completely agree.

i don't like amelia or abigail...i would choose amelia over abigail, though.

• 1. Audrey. Classic, beautiful, sophisticated.

2. Amelia. Very pretty.

3. Abigail. NN Abby is really cute, but I don't love Abigail. 

However, all three are good solid names and you won't go wrong with any of them. GL!

• I love Amelia and Abigail. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• DD was almost Amelia, so I love that name. But Audrey and Abigail are also really pretty -- three great choices!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I love Amelia and Audrey.  Abigail is a pretty name, but it's just super common.
  • They are one in the same to me-- all very popular, cute, but too popular for me to like any of them... you could pick any one of them and it wouldn't really be a stand out name for me.  Sorry, GL!
  • I love Amelia.  Abigail is to popular and I don't like the nn Abby.  I like Audrey.  It is a classic name.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagebunnybean:

I like Amelia, then Abigail, then Audrey. I absolutely LOATHE Audrey. I think it is one of the ugliest names in the English language. It is only slightly better than Aubrey.

That said, hats off to you for having thee actual names in the running! Amelia is really cute.  

And I,  on the other hand, LOVE Audrey and Aubrey!  haha.  they are my first choices.  Then Abigail, then Amelia. (I actually really don't like the name Amelia, bu i know someone with that name, so its a bad association.

• I like Audrey best, then Amelia.  I do not like Abigail. I think Audrey is beautiful.  I've always like Emilia better than Amelia, but thats a beautiful name too
  • Audrey, Abigail...then Amelia.

Absolutely LOVE Audrey! 

• 1. Amelia- beautiful name and love the nn Mia for this

2. Audrey- nice and people often associate this with Audrey Hepburn and think chic/classic

3. Abigail- don't care for this one at all; all i think when i see this name is "a big gal"

• I like Abigail or Amelia. I don't like Audrey at all. I just have never liked that name for some reason.
  • I like Amelia the best.  I think it is such a cute name for a little girl.  The only thing I would be worried about is what would you call her for short?  Millie? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Audrey is nms, not sure why

Amelia is pretty, but I like names that have nn's, sooo

Abigail is my vote b/c I love Abby as a nn

• Amelia

I prefer it over Audrey because I associate it with a jerky little girl I used to babysit.

I think Abigail is too common.  It's pretty, but I know so many little girls under 5 names Abigail.

• Definitely Abigail. I'm not a fan of the other two. I agree with the pp that stated that Audrey just does not sound pretty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imageTigerlillies:

I like Amelia the best.  I think it is such a cute name for a little girl.  The only thing I would be worried about is what would you call her for short?  Millie? 

I don't think you need a nickname at all for Amelia, or for Audrey. I don't know if this influences your decision. I don't really like nn's. Every single Abigal I know goes by Abby, which is cute, but again, if you'd rather your child go by her given name than by a nn, I would put Abigail at the bottom of the list. All three are good names, however.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I adore Abigail.

Audrey is ridiculously NMS and Amelia is cute.

• Amelia, then Audrey, then Abigail.  I love them all though.
  • All three are beautiful... but I like them in this order: Amelia, Audrey, Abigail.
  • Abigail (have ALWAYS loved that name), Amelia, Audrey
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not gonna be any help at all because I absolutely love all 3!
  • I like them in this order... Amelia, Abigail, Audrey
  • imageSoon2BMrsN:
    All three are beautiful... but I like them in this order: Amelia, Audrey, Abigail.

This exactly!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Audrey.  I think Audrey Hepburn, so very sophisticated!

2. Amelia. It's really pretty.

3. Abigail. Kind of plain to me.

Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • I like Audrey and Abigail. I'm not a big Amelia fan...I think it reminds me of the Amelia Bedelia books from when I was a kid.
  • I love them all, but my favorite is Amelia.
  • Audrey
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"