Multiples

Twins in co-sleeper mini?

I've been debating about using a co-sleeper and having our two babies share one.  I registered for the original co-sleeper, but when I didn't get it as a gift I bought a mini cosleeper from a mom in my local MoMs group that she said worked well for her twins until about 3-4 months ($50).  Our room is pretty tiny, so it sounded like a good idea.

Now I'm questioning using it.  Do you think it's safe?  Did any of you have twins share a mini co-sleeper? 

Re: Twins in co-sleeper mini?

• We got one off craigslist thinking it was a full size one and ended up getting the full size anyway. Our babies might have been able to be in it for a couple weeks, but they're 6 weeks now and no way could they share it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the mini is too small for 2 babies to fit safely in.

our room is tiny and we put 2 minis in there - one on each side. There isn't much room-but it works well b/c we didn't want them sleeping together since we use the angelcare monitor and you can't have them together for it to work.

• Loading the player...
  • My boys grew REALLY fast the first 3-4 months. I'm not sure that would have worked. And I'd be a little concerned about re-breathing with them being quite *that* close. (Ours shared an Original Cosleeper off and on at first and then a crib till 6 months when we stopped swaddling.) I don't know; it also seems like they might disturb each other more if they're that close together, especially if you don't swaddle. I'd be hesitant about that arrangement past the first few weeks.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • My boys shared a mini cosleeper for the first 8 week or so.  They were fine.  WE kept a fan going in our room to keep the air moving.  They were fine in it together til I wasnt sleeping and needed them in their room.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I'll see if I can find a second mini.  Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"