Stay at Home Moms
Options

Weekends off - is it *hard*?

For the last several months DH has worked M-F, 8-4. I always look forward to the weekend from being alone with the kiddos most of the week.

Then, the weekend gets here and I don't know what gets into DS, but man, he's way worse behaved on the weekends than during the week. I'm thinking he's not used to DH being home all day....

I try not to tell DH how to parent as we each have our own style of handling things but it's SOOOOO hard to keep my mouth shut, lol.

Luckily for me, DH gets his wacky schedule back within the next 2 weeks - 2 days on, 2 days off, works every other weekend (12 hours shifts). At least with that he *seems* to be home more often and the kids are more used to it.

Re: Weekends off - is it *hard*?

• Options

I know what you mean-

What i struggle with is biting my tongue when it isn't a life threatening situation- my biggest beef with DH is that he doesn't pay attention- he doesn't WATCH her and do what he is doing. So i feel like i am constantly doing three or four things at once to make up for him not being able to do two things. That frustrates me-

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think most of us have or are still struggling with this but I promise you, it gets easier and less "hard" as they pass 3 years old.  Emily is so much more fun and interactive and requires less "handling", if that makes sense.

Weekends are really fun and have been the last year!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel that way already and DH just went back to work today. In his defense, he's never been around babies so he's still learning how to deal with them. But there are often much easier ways to do things than how he is helping and I struggle to not jump in and boss him around.

I am worried that DS and I will fall into such a routine that on Tue/Wed when DH is off it will throw us off!

• Options

DD's behave the same with DH around, but yes, I do get frustrated with his parenting.  He is a complete non-folllow-through--er..

I've let a lot go now that we have two.  I just pick my battles at this point and try to ignore.  But, in H's defense, his parenting has reflected mine more recently.

• Options

I am so guilty of stepping in too much too. I really need to work on that! DD1 tends to only want me even when he is around and that is hard on him. I have a weekend job so he does get some time alone with them which I think helps alot.

Your daughter is absolutely stunning by the way!

My beautiful girls: Hadley 9.28.06, Emmerson 11.29.08 and Pilar 2.07.11, born premature at 33.3 weeks.
  • Options

TY sunnytrees =)

And, TY to all ladies. Glad to hear I'm not alone in choosing my battles, lol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"