Georgia Babies

Recommend your High Chair Please

And thank you! : )

We have this right now https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3312379

But I think I'd like him to be at the table and not on top.  It does have the capability to strap to the chair, but he'll be so low.  I do love the thing, I'm thinking it would be better as a travel, snack chair if that makes sense.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your High Chair Please

• Ikea's Antilop.  Only $25 and is super easy to clean.  I have no complaints (but it is very basic). 

• This is ours:

It's called a Hilo chair. It's definitely an investment, but Geneva uses it still today. It flips over into a toddler sized chair that slides right up to the table. And it's purdy. :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Stokke Trip Trap.   Evie is bringing that thing to college.    For real.    It seats an adult. 

https://www.stokke-highchair.com/en-us/ 

Also, I got it at BRU.  Online, but still.... 

• The IKEA one is AWESOME. We have that at both grandparents houses and it is so lightweight and easy to clean. Awesome, awesome, awesome. At home, we have the wooden Eddie Bauer high chair. I love it too. It matches our cabinets/furniture and looks nice. Some people complain that it's hard to clean, but I don't get that at all. I just wipe it down after each meal and use my Bona hardwood floor cleaner on it about once a week and it still looks brand new. It doesn't fold up or anything though, so you have to have room to keep it out all the time. Ours stays in the corner of our breakfast area right by the table so he can eat "with" us.

• We have something similar to what you have now Ally. I don't have any suggestions as the one we used with Elliott we only used about a half dozen times. I like the smaller more portable chairs like the one you have. Just my personal preference.
  • We use the fisher price booster seat and love it. I love that we can hide it on our pantry shelf and its nice to take places. We eat all our meals at the counter bar so we just put the booster seat up there with us. Sorry I"m probably not much help but we like it.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the rainforest version of this one. We liked it so much that we bought two - one for the trunk for when we went out to eat, and one to stay permanently at home.  We have a teeny tiny house, so a full-blown high chair wasn't an option.  It has adjustable legs, so you can set it to different heights. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3553507

• before I even opened your post I was going to recommend the one you have.  We don't have that one but friends of ours do and I wish we had gotten it instead of the giant chico one we got.  I would much prefer him to be at the table then in that stupid chair that is taking up space in our teeny tiny kitchen.  I mean I love the chico one because its comfy and has lots of options but I wish we had just gotten one to attach to the dining chairs instead.  Finn is now sitting in a booster seat similar to the one to-be-lam posted and I LOVE it.  I've been toying with selling our chico one and buying one similar for Riley and 'Tripp'.
  • imageMLvK:

Stokke Trip Trap.   Evie is bringing that thing to college.    For real.    It seats an adult. 

https://www.stokke-highchair.com/en-us/ 

Also, I got it at BRU.  Online, but still.... 

We have this one too and love it, he is at the table since it is basically a chair and it grows with him.

• imagemyrall:

This is ours:

It's called a Hilo chair. It's definitely an investment, but Geneva uses it still today. It flips over into a toddler sized chair that slides right up to the table. And it's purdy. :)

If money was no object, we'd have this one!   

• The Ikea one is great!! I don't have it, but have used it when eating at ikea and wish we had  it. Its so lightweight, crazy easy to clean, and its not a huge eyesore. I don't really like the ones that strap on the chair for home use because it takes up valuable seating and she eats with us when we have guests over for dinner. But I'm in the minority.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We have this one: https://www.pegperego.com/page.php?sid=915072aa7986c647ce24776461f04601&pageid=UJVNL001&idf=03&idp=0000000284&cl=N

I have to say, I do NOT like it! The only thing I like about it is that is has 2 trays that snap together, so if one's dirty you can use the other. This thing is so hard to clean! Crevices and cracks between the cushion= food in places that you can't reach which = smelly chair. I have to put this thing in the shower about once a week to thoroughly clean it/scrub it.  

• I had the big Fisher Price Chair, I think its called healthy chair or something...I know its not for everyone as its big, but we had the room and I used to sit SC in it way before she was ready to eat in it so she could be up at my level when I was doing stuff in the kitchen.  Its the Rainforrest one.  Alot easier to use as far as sliding tray in and out of than say the Chico which a friend of mine had.  We also had the basic Fisher Price travel chair.  I used both and glad I had them. 
  • We have the Svan highchair.  It's awesome and it grows with the kid.  It's available in different wood stains and you can get different cushions for it.  LOVE IT!  https://www.svanusa.com/svanchair.cfmimage

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"