Baby Names

Taylor what?

So we're still stuck on a girl's name.  We like Taylor a lot, but I just can't figure out a middle name that will make it work for me.  Our last name is Irish with three syllables (hard C onset, ends in -an).

Irish or Hawaiian inspired names would be great - we love Maui and have Irish heritage (plus DH is SET on the baby being born on St. Patrick's Day - ha!).

Any suggestions??? 

Re: Taylor what?

• Taylor Maureen (very Irish)

Taylor Makena (beach in Maui)?

• Loading the player...
  • I know a Taylor Renee :)
    Z(Monkey) 6-30-07 and E(Bear) 9-6-10 Living life with my little warrior and his big brother :)imageimageimage
  • Taylor Quinn?
  • Our daughter is Taylor Grace. Grace is a family name-- my grandmother and sister's middle name.

• i would just avoid a middle name that begins with an r because they'll run together. not that taylor is a bad name, but it is really popular for girls. it's my name and even though it was much less popular when i was growing up, i hated having a name that was trendy and that other people had.

for that reason, you might consider giving her a less common nickname that she could choose to go by if there happen to be 15 taylors in her class. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetct1219:

i would just avoid a middle name that begins with an r because they'll run together. not that taylor is a bad name, but it is really popular for girls. it's my name and even though it was much less popular when i was growing up, i hated having a name that was trendy and that other people had.

for that reason, you might consider giving her a less common nickname that she could choose to go by if there happen to be 15 taylors in her class. 

Haha...well I am a Jennifer and there were 7 of those in one of my classes growing up, so I'm not too concerned. I survived. :-)  I've noticed Taylor was uber popular about 10 years ago, but it's at least less common with the younger crowd where we live.   

• I like using family names as middle names.  Otherwise...

Taylor Jane

Taylor Kay

Taylor Shannon

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"