Baby Showers
Options

How many showers are too many?

Currently I have 3 people who want to host showers for me. 

Is 3 too many? 

These 3 ladies are not friends so they would not want to host one together. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many showers are too many?

• Options
    We had the family/family friends coed shower, I have my girlfriend shower next weekend, and if I was still working I'd probably have one there too.  I dont think 3 is too many by any means, as long as the same people arent invited to all of them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerobinsokj:
    We had the family/family friends coed shower, I have my girlfriend shower next weekend, and if I was still working I'd probably have one there too.  I dont think 3 is too many by any means, as long as the same people arent invited to all of them

Thanks sweeite!  I think the guest lists will be quite different with the exception of my mom, sister, MIL, amd SIL.  But they won't be getting me gifts for each shower anyway ( I would never expect/want them too). 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think 3 might be pretty common..I am having 3..one MIL hosted, one my mom's side hosted and one my friends are hosting.

We're lucky girls :)

• Options

I'm having 3, one for my side, another for his side and one at work. 

The only thing that could been seen as tacky is inviting the same people to more than one shower.  My exception is my Mom/MIL.  MIL is invited to my family's shower and my mom is invited to MIL's family's shower.

• Options
    I had three showers - family, friends, and coworkers.  I think that's fine as long as it's 3 separate groups of people.
  • Options

As long as you don't invite people to more than one shower, you could have 100 showers---at least in my opinion.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    I had 3, you're fine!
  • Options
    As long as the same people aren't invited to more than one shower. AND you aren't stretching your list to "find" people to invite to 3 different showers.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    As long as the same people aren't invited to more than one shower. AND you aren't stretching your list to "find" people to invite to 3 different showers.

I agree with this...and 4 would be a bit much ;)

Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    imagesummerne:

I think 3 might be pretty common..I am having 3..one MIL hosted, one my mom's side hosted and one my friends are hosting.

We're lucky girls :)

This. Plus I suspect a work shower is in the future.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am having 2 for sure.. MIL is hosting one, my roller derby team is hosting another.. and possibly work? I'm not sure
  • Options

As long as the guest lists are different I don't think it matters.

I had 4 showers.  Two were surprises and two were planned.  There was different people at all of them.  And aside from my work shower they were all in totally different geographic locations.

• Options
    I am going to end up with 4 showers all with different guest lists. One with DH's mom's side, one with DH's dad's side (they are divorced,) one with my family and friends and one at work. It is a little much, but we have a lot of important people in our lives that want to share this experience with us.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have 3 scheduled (I feel so lucky!), one from my side (my mom's friends are hosting), one from DH's side (his mom and friends are hosting), and one from friends (local).

I will probably have a more low-key "lunch" for people at work, and so is DH. So I guess maybe 5 even total. I think the key here is that you don't have the same people in those showers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As long as guests don't overlap, I think that there is no number that is too many.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thats a good amount. I would probably end up having 2 as well. I had two bridal showers. As long as the same people arent being invited to them I guess its okay
  • Options

I had a family shower, a church shower and a co-worker shower.  Only the family shower had about 30 people but the other two only had about 8 people.  If my DH had a family (more than just his mom and sister) we probably would have had a 4th...but he doesn't have a big family at all.

I don't think 3 is too many.  As long as the same people are not invited then I don't think it matters if you had 10...as long as you had people who watned to host them.

• Options
    It's not too many as long as people aren't double invited.  Depending on who the folks are, I could easily see it happening if you have multiple friend groups or family wants to throw a separate event.

• Options
    as long as the same people don't attend the three showers then you are good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"