Baby Names
Options

Rania &Nasira

im still thinking of lots of names,but i really like Rania and also Nasira-any opinion?

Re: Rania &Nasira

• Options

I love Rania.  (pronounced like Queen Rania of Jordan, right?)

• Options
    Pretty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

One of my friends named her daughter Raina.  It's cute!

• Options
    yes Rania is an arabic name meaning queen. Raina is also cute! but i must choose a muslim or arabic name so thats why i like Rania so much. My first choice was Rani,but my husband has an enemy by that name so then i liked Rania next.
  • Options
    I think both are really hard to pronounce. But if you love them, go with it.
  • Options

imagekaraknr:
    I think both are really hard to pronounce. But if you love them, go with it.

This.  I am not even sure how to properly pronounce either ofthose names.  I am sure it doesn't help that I have never seen or heard them before - so I don't have a phonetic reference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I absolutely adore Rania. It was one of our top 10 names. So pretty and I love the meaning.

PP- It is pronounced exactly how it is spelled. Ran-yah.

Another one I like is Yara. It means small butterfly in Arabic.

• Options
    They're pretty, though I am more partial to Rania. A friend of mine growing up was named Najah (although it was pronounced more like Na-jhay-uh) and I always thought it was very pretty. 
  • Options

I think they're both pretty, but "rana" means frog in Italian and Spanish, so it kind of makes me think of that a bit.

"I
  • Options
    I like Rania. I also love the name Aviva.
    Blank!
  • Options
    As far as Arabic names go, I really like Zahra and Leila.
    "I
  • Options
    imagetalltalltrees:

I think they're both pretty, but "rana" means frog in Italian and Spanish, so it kind of makes me think of that a bit.

But when you pronounce it it's very similar to Reyna which also means queen in Spanish.

April is National Grilled Cheese Month. How are you celebrating? image
  • Options

its funny how some could think these names are hard to pronounce. they are pronounced just as they are spelled.

Rania(Ran-ee-uh)

Nasira(Na-seer-uh

and i also love the names Aviva and yara that 2 of you mentioned. someone else mentioned zahra and leila and i love them but they are insanely popular in the muslim community.

• Options
    They're both beautiful, but I prefer Nasira!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i luv rania...prounounced "ron-ya"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"