Baby Showers

Sharing a brunch?

My family is throwing a shower for me but the restaurant we chose has one brunch buffet that all guests share (Not just those in our private party) and our room isnt blocked off as we sit in a main dining room and guests need to pass through our area to use the restrooms.  Is this tacky?  I like teh restaurant but don't know what kind of impression this will give.

Re: Sharing a brunch?

• I would pass, personally.  It in no way will feel intimate and you'll have random people staring at you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it sounds very nice and it wouldn't bother me. We've done many family events this way (grandparent's 40th anniversary, etc.). Plus, it's not your decision. Just thank them for the shower and enjoy the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • the only problem I see is if you're opening gifts it's going to be kinda odd to be in the middle of a restaurant, but as long as there is some privacy I don't think its a big deal
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • The only showers I've been to in a restaurant (a total of 2, one being my baby shower) were in their own space, so it's hard to say.  I personally would find it odd to be in the middle of everything.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I went to a shower like this once.  I was surprised as I had never seen it before, but I didn't think anything of it beyond that. 
  • imagesarahbear:
    I think it sounds very nice and it wouldn't bother me. We've done many family events this way (grandparent's 40th anniversary, etc.). Plus, it's not your decision. Just thank them for the shower and enjoy the time.

this. No matter how the shower gets arranged it is still a nice gesture. Enjoy yourself. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"