Baby Names
Options

WDYT

When you hear the name Morgan?  DH just through that name out there last night, he said he actually likes it better than his original fav which was Claire.  I am uncertain at this point....I felt the same way when he first said Claire but now I love the name Claire.

Re: WDYT

• Options
    I like Claire much better. Morgan reminds me of captain morgan Ick!
    BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • Options
    I actually really like Morgan! I have a few great associations with that name. I like Claire too though. I seem to prefer first names that are more than 1 syllable, so I actually like Morgan a little better for a first name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the name Morgan, but it is quite popular in my circle so I would never use it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerobinsokj:
    I love the name Morgan, but it is quite popular in my circle so I would never use it. 

That's interesting! When I mentioned that I had a few great associations with the name, they are all from my hometown (which is in VA like you). It seems to be way more popular there than it is here in the midwest.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    I really like Morgan. I very much dislike Claire, i can't see the appeal in the name.
    ...for always

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Jenn has read 9 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • Options
    I really like it! I don't think of Capt Morgan when I hear it but I'm not really a drinker.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

imageChrissymarie98:
    I like Clara.

I think its hysterical when someone throws some random name into a post when no one was asking for suggestions.  

• Options
    I like it better then Claire.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

I think of the morgue. And the dead. ::shiver::

I like Claire a lot though. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

I'm not a huge fan of unisex names in general, so Morgan is NMS.  If you decide to use it, make sure you have a very feminine middle name (both to help her future teachers determine gender when looking at a class roster, and to give her an option later in life if *she* doesn't like having a unisex first name).

• Options
    I like both, but prefer Claire.
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:

imageChrissymarie98:
    I like Clara.

I think its hysterical when someone throws some random name into a post when no one was asking for suggestions.  

This!!!

Claire and Morgan are both very cute names!

• Options
    I don't think you can go wrong either way.  In fact, Morgan Claire is cute. 

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    I think of the morgue too- really love the name Claire!
  • Options
    I love the name Morgan. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMichelleL1118:

I'm not a huge fan of unisex names in general, so Morgan is NMS.  If you decide to use it, make sure you have a very feminine middle name (both to help her future teachers determine gender when looking at a class roster, and to give her an option later in life if *she* doesn't like having a unisex first name).

I've only ever known girls named Morgan, so it's curious to hear it referred to as a unisex name.  I like the name. 

• Options
    imagerobinsokj:

imageChrissymarie98:
    I like Clara.

Yes

• Options
    I always think of a book I read in 2nd grade called :Justin Morgan Had A Horse.  It was about the man who developed the Morgan breed of horses. Not a fan or Morgan.  I prefer Claire.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    The two Morgans I know are both incredibly beautiful - so I have a positive association with the name and think it's aged well.

• Options

I kind of think of Morgan Freeman and Morgan Fairchild at the same time. So I like both associations, male or female. I never would have thought of a morgue, how funny. It's my goddaughter's middle name and I have always thought it was very pretty. 

I like Claire too. My husband liked that one also, but I didn't want a one syllable name. I do like Morgan Claire, I think that is lovely.  

• Options
    I like Morgan much more than Claire.
  • Options
    It is OK.  I prefer Morgan as a boy's name and I prefer Claire is a mn.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think very similar things when I hear both of those names.
  • Options
    I like Claire better. When I hear Morgan, I think of a boy.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like Claire much better.
  • Options

imagePhilsWife07:
    I really like it! I don't think of Capt Morgan when I hear it but I'm not really a drinker.

I don't think of Capt Morgan when I think of a little girl named Morgan. i obviously drink alcohol.

I think of people I know named Morgan. The girl I know is 12 and they call her Morgy, which I really do not care for. 

• Options
    I like Claire better than Morgan.
    image image

• Options
    I prefer Claire.  I am not a fan of Morgan at all (for a girl or a boy).
  • Options

I LOVE claire.

Morgan to me is a boys name.

• Options
    i like the name Morgan. Claire is also a nice name too though.
  • Options
    I don't care for Morgan- it's unisex which I personally hate, not feminine, trendy.  Claire is one of my very favorite names- feminine, classic, a lovely name on a little girl or an adult woman. 
  • Options
    Why not use them both.  Morgan Claire or Claire Morgan.
  • Options
    LOVE Claire. Don't love Morgan. It's unisex which is NMS at all. I definitely didn't think of Captain Morgan, but I don't drink much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"