Northern California Babies
Options

:( Feeling off all day

I woke up this morning with back ache and some cramps. It felt exactly like how my labor with Grey started. As you can see from my ticker, I am SO not ready for labor!

I hydrated and took a shower and just relaxed. The cramps have come and gone all day but not in any pattern and they don't even really feel like contractions. I've tried to remain in a sort of calmed/meditative state all day...I just feel off. Impatient, sore, crampy. Is this what Prodromal Labor is like? Would it/could it happen this early?

The weirdest part is, even if I haven't had any cramping for a couple hours, if Grey starts to cry I start to cramp almost instantly. Biology is so strange. 

I'm just hoping the next 2 months aren't like today. It's not that i'm in pain it's just a bit taxing, emotionally. Trying to pay attention to your body, making sure you aren't cramping too much or in a regular pattern, while remaining calm and also engaging a 3 year old...All the while thinking, "it's too early, it's too early. just stay put baby."

Of course, now that I am worrying about her being too early, she'll probably come late :)

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The Blog | BirthbyKellyM

Re: :( Feeling off all day

• Options
    Oh no!  Hang in there....it's definitely too early!!! :)
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I wonder if it has something to do with the full moon? I mean I have been feeling off too in slightly different way. But I have this gut feeling it has something to do with the pull of the full moon.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageoceanangelbeauty:
    I wonder if it has something to do with the full moon? I mean I have been feeling off too in slightly different way. But I have this gut feeling it has something to do with the pull of the full moon.

Ooooh you could be right. Damn that moon!

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

:)

I agree! Damn moon is really not my friend!

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Stay hydrated and relaxed! Keep cooking that baby!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options

Hugs thats so hard.That was the only thing in pregnancy that I didnt like...that unknown trying so hard to hone in on what I am feeling...not freak out and keep JLK happy.

The crying thing is actually pretty amazing. That didnt happen to me.

And I am a believer in it never hurts to go in adn get checked out...the peace of mind alone is sooooo worth the "wasted time"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    It could be the moon for sure, and it could be that and a combo of it being your second. I started having the same feelings with this one around the same time as you are now.  It was definitely nerve wracking, for all the reasons you mentioned.  My midwife told me that its normal for braxton hicks contractions to be painful the second time around, as your uterus is more "irritable" and knows what its suppose to do already.  If they get regular, then you should worry, but if not - I think its just normal second baby stuff (at least from what I've been told).  Good luck! I'm thinking good thoughts for you! :)
  • Options

I hope you're feeling better soon.  That is pretty amazing about the relation to crying!  I know I experience a greater production of milk when DS cries.

I've been stuck on this How Things Work website for the past 30 minutes since I googled the moon and pregnancy... lots of interesting stuff there.  The original article I found is here.

• Options
    imagegreen*eyes:

I hope you're feeling better soon.  That is pretty amazing about the relation to crying!  I know I experience a greater production of milk when DS cries.

I've been stuck on this How Things Work website for the past 30 minutes since I googled the moon and pregnancy... lots of interesting stuff there.  The original article I found is here.

Thanks! Interesting article! I mentioned the moon to DH and he said it was a bunch of BS :) My SIL on the otherhand would completely agree :)

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're not feeling well.  Hopefully it's just moon related and you'll be tip top in no time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you had such a bad day. (((hugs))) hope you are feeling better and tomorrow is a better day for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Options
    Hope today is a much better day for you!
  • Options

Aw, Kelly that's so hard.  I can for sure relate and I know it's wha'ts instore for me int he weeks to come.  I hope it was just an off day and you get back to your regular self in no time.

(big hug)

H ;)

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had false labor daily from about 24 weeks on and I dreaded the full moons because every.single.one it was way, way worse and I often ended up in L&D. The full moon is no myth, IMO!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm on the moon bandwagon. I had the same thing around that time...without the crying toddler.

I hope you feel better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"