Attachment Parenting

funny BWing comment

My dad always jokes that I have Emmy "strapped" to me. Tonight my mom had a bday party and we went, she was getting sleepy so I had her in the sling. I came into the room and one of my dad's friends said, "What do you have her in?" and my dad said, "I know, right? How is she going to learn to walk?" 

Ummm... do you see my siggy? She's already pulling up and cruising. I've OBVIOUSLY stunted her developmentally. My dad realized it was a ridiculous comment a minute later and laughed, but seriously...  

Re: funny BWing comment

• LMAO, that is amusing! I am still uber impressed with Emmy's skillz!
  • bwhahahaha.  Emmy will show them.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTonya_G:
    LMAO, that is amusing! I am still uber impressed with Emmy's skillz!

I'm impressed in an apprehensive sort of way... she's going to get bruises in the learning to walk process, but since she is so tiny people are just going to think I'm a bad mom! 

Her new thing is to crawl over to her wagon, pull up on it and use one hand to reach inside for a toy. But then she can't figure out how to let go with her other hand and sit back down, so she just cries until I come and free her.

• imagecindy453:

imageTonya_G:
    LMAO, that is amusing! I am still uber impressed with Emmy's skillz!

I'm impressed in an apprehensive sort of way... she's going to get bruises in the learning to walk process, but since she is so tiny people are just going to think I'm a bad mom! 

Her new thing is to crawl over to her wagon, pull up on it and use one hand to reach inside for a toy. But then she can't figure out how to let go with her other hand and sit back down, so she just cries until I come and free her.

She might not try to walk on her own for quite some time... remember, my DS pulled up and cruised right after he started crawling, but didn't walk until at least a good 5 or 6 months later. And he didn't fall nearly as much when he finally did walk, I think b/c he'd gotten so good at walking around while cruising. I just feel for you that you're having to start the babyproofing everything a few months earlier than everyone else!!!

• I wore my DD is a sling or other carrier daily until she was 18 months old. She was full on walking by 10-1/2 months. People say silly stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"