Parenting after 35
Options

If you had time off before delivery, what did you do?

My last day of work is next Friday, the 5th.  I'll have my c-section on the 9th so I will have 3 days off.  I would like to spend that time doing something besides cleaning!

What did you do with your time off before delivery?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you had time off before delivery, what did you do?

• Options

I had two weeks off... it was TORTURE.

Last day of work was Friday 7/31 and my EDD was Thursday 8/6. I watched TV. I tried to read. I tried to nap. But I was so huge it wasn't easy. When my induction was set, that last week was even worse.

I wish I had been able to go to the mall or out to lunch with friends. But I was home alone and was nervous about driving.

Oy!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I guess I'm lucky to only have 3 days!

2 of the days will be a weekend so maybe that will make it easier.  Maybe I'll sleep the whole time. lol.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom was really, really sick at this time and the phone calls pressuring me to fly to FL and have the baby there started on the first day of my maternity leave. I was pretty upset.Ultimately I turned my phone off and I sewed. A lot. And then I sewed some more.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    I thought I would have 4 weeks off (took disability leave starting at 36 weeks), but DD had other ideas and came early.  But I still had almost 2 weeks off.  I went with my BFF to BRU to close out my registry and to get her advice on what else I needed for the baby, hung out with her and her kids, read, played Sims, watched TV, that sort of thing.  But the most useful thing was going to get the final stuff from BRU.
  • Options
      I got in some fun date nights with DH, slept as much as I could, had guilt-free ice cream, took some nice walks, and got all last minute baby things. Enjoy this time!! Smile
  • Options
    I played video games and hung out online!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Went to the Griffith Observatory, finished some nursery stuff, it was so hot in our house I didn't get very much rest, I went to air-conditioned places a lot, like Target and the mall. I couldn't clean very effectively because I couldn't bend over and I had horrible swelling in my hands and feet, and carpel tunnel so typing was hard too.
  • Options
    I spent almost every day that final week at the gym, in the pool.  It was the only place I really felt comfortable at the end of my pregnancy.  I also cooked and froze a bunch of meals that weekend so that Mike wouldn't starve while I was in the hospital.
  • Options

It was the holidays so I slept when I could, spent time with my DH, organized EVERYTHING in my house and worried if I had everything I needed in my hospital bag.

If I could do it over I would have slept a lot more  Good Luck Shannon!

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I, like you, had the weekend and the Monday off, had LO on Tuesday .... to be honest I really, really tried to sleep, 'cuz I was exhausted (but too excited!) and couldn't, so I just really ended up resting as much as I could, read a good book and triple checked my "hospital bag" ....

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I slept a lot and read around 4 books (was home for two weeks). 
  • Options

I had a week off. I slept during the day, then cleaned.  Either went out for lunch or dinner to enoy ourselves.  Then in the evenings, we interviewed daycares.  This is good to do before baby, I thought, to make a good decision.  Then after the baby  comes, I signed up with the one I chose.  

• Options

i was off for 11 weeks :) not on bed rest - just had to "take it easy".

I did one constructive thing in the house each day (fold laundry, make a craft, etc)... and left the house each day for some small trip- to the store, to lunch, a movie, etc.... and then i pretty much sat on the couch and watched TV and was on the internet the rest of the day.  I didn't want to do much more than that b/c i was afraid of PTL. 

I can say that i LOVED that time off.  Griffin was in daycare - so it was the most alone and relaxing time I ever had- and will ever have!  it was just me and the twins in my belly all day every day - and it was divine!

• Options
    I stocked up on library books, programmed my DVR with lots of stuff for those oh so many late night feedings, went out to dinner with DH, and I WISH I had gotten a manicure or pedicure (just to relax).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"