Health & Exercise

Back pain and sore Joints

I think it is safe to say that my body has decided that it doesnt want to carry/lift my DD anymoreSad

I went to pick her up today and swing her and the WORST pain shot from my lowerback and up my sides. I had to put her down before I dropped her.. and she is a petite little girl (not huge at all). Ever since then I have had my leg spazz on me and my joint are aching. I am calling my Dr in the morning, however I was hoping some of you guys had opinionsfor me. The main thought that keeps playing through my head is lack of water (so I drank loads) or lack of Calcium, since I can't drink milk/eat dairy products.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

MrsQ

imageimage    
imageimage

Re: Back pain and sore Joints

• I was told by my family physician that the joint pain could be some minor arthritis that has developed since the pregnancy.  It severe joint pain when I lay down for long periods of time (sleeping/napping) and I feel it in my legs and hips...ugh.

The back pain I'm starting to feel hardcore, because DS is 21lbs, and the crib was lowered all the way down...so I have to bend a lot now.

Exercise seems to help with the joint pain, excess weight I feel might be a contributing factor, and some really good anti-inflamatory meds (Mortrin, etc.) for the back.

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've had major postpartum problems with joints/muscles. Anyway, you should definitely not try to manage this on your own. Get in to see a chiropractor or osteopath who does manual therapy and have them help you and also prescribe physical therapy. It will definitely help!
    Unexplained. IVF#2 worked! Beta at 10dp6dt = 154, Beta at 13dp6dt = 603 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Apply heating pads to your back and take warm showers. You can also take IBprofen for the muscle pain or aleve. If you are able stretch your legs/arms and torso in the morning/night after your hot showers.

Avoid lifting from the waist but always lift from the knees straight up (no twisting). 

HTH. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"