Cincinnati Babies

I made the most disgusting meal ever tonight...

I tried a new crockpot recipe I found, paprika chicken with dumplings. I had a bad feeling when just the chicken and the ingredients in the crockpot smelled like burnt food within a few hours, but once I made the dumplings, it was all over.

They were so hard they were like squash balls, and they were literally inedible. DH picked at the chicken to make me feel better, and DD actually munched on some of the bits of the dumplings. Some of hers fell on the floor and our dog, Lindsey, sniffed it and walked away. Talk about the ultimate insult!

I don't feel too bad because I followed the recipe to a T and it wasn't that difficult of a recipe, so it wasn't like I screwed it up. And it was cheap to make, at least. Now we have to decide what to do instead...I am done cooking for the day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I made the most disgusting meal ever tonight...

• That stinks!  I made a horrible meal as well, the steak was so tuff I couldn't chew it. We can't be perfect all the time, right?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • yep, same thing happened to me last night (white bean turkey chili)!  it was weird b/c i got the recipe from a website i usually love the recipes from.  whatev.  good thing tonight is date night, we're heading out in 5 and i don't have to think about it!
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Loading the player...
  • Oh man, it's bad when even the dog is turning up her nose!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, the whole thing is pretty pitiful. I want to gag whenever I think about the dumplings, lol. I think it'll be sandwiches around here for awhile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"