Baby Names

Chloe or Zoe?

Tell me what you love/hate about these names.

Re: Chloe or Zoe?

• Chloe-

love- I think it makes for a super cute little girl's name and a sassy but sophisiticated grown up girl's name.

hate- it is rather popular

Zoe

love- the fact that it is my dog's name

hate -the fact that it is my dogs name! (and I have run into a lot of other cats and dogs named Zoe too!)

• Chloe- makes me think chlorine

Zoe- i like, i think it sounds spunky

• Loading the player...
  • I prefer Zoe. I think they are both getting popular, but Zoe less so. Plus I have liked the name Zoe since I was like 8 :)
  • I prefer Chloe over Zoe, but I don't really like it. Zoe is really awful to me, and it boggles my mind that people name human beings Zoe.
  • I love the name Chloe! It has a great sound to it, but I think it would age really well!

Not a fan of Zoe at all. My (much younger) cousin is named Zoe and I also teach a little girl with this name -they're both cute little girls, so the name should have grown on me by now, but I just can't get into it.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think Chloe works better, but I dont think if you named you kid Zoe it would just be "the worst thing in the world!". Zoe isnt bad either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Zoe. 

I used to like Chloe, but my H always says "Chloe Chlamydia!" so I can't think of anything else. 

• I have never met a Chloe but it sounds soft and feminine.  I have know 2 Zoes who have been amazing women.  Both incredibly kind, generous and pretty.  So I like Zoe more.
  • I love Chloe!

Zoe is nms at all. I'm not sure why exactly. It just doesn't appeal to me, and I also think of Elmo's friend Zoe (lol).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • I have a student named Chloe and absolutely love her.  On that note I also have a student named Zoe and in teacher terms she is "very spirited."
  • My best friend has a cat names Zoe. Ditto pp that it's a popular pet name, so I would avoid it (even though it is really a cute name). Chloe is personally ruined for me, just because of a former negative association, but I see nothing wrong with it for other people.

• Zoe is cute. I would never use it, but I like it. Chloe is just alright to me. I have two friends named Chloe and they have told me that when they introduce themselves people often say, "I have a dog named Chloe." It drives them nuts. 
  • I prefer Chloe (it's on my own list) but I don't like that it's so popular.  Might end up using it anyway since DH really loves it...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I like both...you're gonna get zip from me. Sorry!
  • I like 'em both too, but if pressed I'd say I like Chloe better.
  • Chloe = cat or a 2 year old, so I guess Zoe by default but I am not crazy about either.

• I like both, but if I had to choose I would go with Chloe
  • Chloe sounds more timeless to me.  Zoe reminds me of a punk rocker or a dog.  I don't like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Neither are really my style, but I like Chloe better. Zoe reminds me of a childhood friend's dog.
  • I like them both a lot! One of my favorite actresses is Zooey Deschanel, who's spelling is pulled from J.D. Salingers Zooey and Franny. I really like the name.

Both are really pretty but it seems more people prefer Chole to be the prettier name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"