Orange County Babies
Options

Wraps vs. carriers

Looking to get a carrier for my baby girl since she wants to be held CONSTANTLY and I can't get anything done! There are so many different brands and styles out there I don't know where to begin. If you have a carrier how did you decide? Ultimately I would like something both my 6 ft tall husband and my 5 ft self can both use if such a thing even exists! Some I've seen come with an instructional DVD which totally intimidates me. I know I want something that is easy to use right out of the box without having to get another degree!

Thanks!

Re: Wraps vs. carriers

• Options

We had the warp thing and it was confusing and my DH didn't care for them... and I am only 5'4" so didn't like dragging the wrap every time I try putting it on...

we got the Ergo, we love it! and my DH is 6'2" and he loves it too! no pressure on your shoulder, supports your back, and yes it comes with the instructional DVD but they make it sound so complicated but it's pretty simple, once you have it set to fit you then you can just put your baby in and out with out having to adjust all the straps like the DVD says...  and my DH loves it too.

We traveled with DS since he was 3months old and Ergo is a life saver... we have our son in the Ergo in the plane, he falls asleep in it and I don't have to sit there holding him the whole time... he is strapped in and my hands are free.... so far we have traveled to 3 different countries, 6 different states, and flew over 55hours with DS and we couldn't have done it with out it.

I know Spectrum has a place where they sell it at the store and in San Clemente there is a OC tykes store where you can try them out before you buy it.

all my friends rave about it... I know we love it... till about a month ago DS needed to be carried around to fall asleep and he is around 25lbs. so let's just say it didn't bother me at all... now at 15months as principle he is going down in his crib... :)

good luck! 

• Options

check out...

https://www.my-favorite-baby-carrier.com/?c1=ppc&source=over&kw=ergo-carrier

she raves about Ergo and she has a video online you can watch... also free shipping and 90days free trial...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the Beco and I love it. DH even wears it The only downside is that baby can only face you- not out.

https://www.becobabycarrier.com/

• Options

I am an avid fan for the pikkolo from catbirdbaby. I have taken this on vacations without a stroller and it was very comfortable. ( my dd is 15months and over 23lbs)

you can use it with baby facing out, in the chest, on the back and on the hip. You can also use the detachable hood as an infant insert.  It is not bulky like the ergo (which weighs like 4lbs) and the prints are cute (i think anyway) Im 5'4 an my H 6 and it fits us both well. (but my daughter prefers me.. its prob because i am fluffier!)

https://catbirdbaby.com/

hth! and gl! 

• Options

I have a Beco and an Angelpak.  I love them both, but find the Angelpak easier to use.  Like pp said, these are both only inward facing, but that's never been a problem for us.

I am considering selling the Beco (it's sand/black with an owl print) if you are interested.  Email me jaejaevee at gmail.

• Options
    The Lillebaby is a new carrier, very similar to the Ergo and can also carry the baby facing in or out. It has the waist strap as well so the baby's weight is on your legs, instead of your shoulders. They don't really have a website yet, but there are pictures online that you can find. I know there's a store up in Pasadena where you can try it on and buy it. They also have the Ergo for you to try, as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"