Indiana Babies
Options

OMG the poop (gross)

First of all, I know tht the only time I ever post is when I have a question. I promise that I will strive to be a better contributor to the board. To be honest, I lurk ALOT but feel weird about chiming in most of the time. 

So my question concerns poop, lol. We've been VERY lucky to have made it to 6 months w/out a blow out of epic proportions. I guess we had it coming. Eloise has been constipated for a couple of days now, so when it was time to try a new solid, I decided to give her some prunes last night to help her get things moving. She LOVED them (definitely a bigger hit than green beans or oatmeal), and ate more than she's ever eaten of a solid food. Fast forward to this morning: she had an epic, disguisting, bath the baby, throw away the towel you changed her on kind of poop. Seriously, it was almost up in her hair (TMI, I know).

Would you say allergic reaction or just her cleaning herself out? She seems to be perfectly happy. I can't decide if I should skip the prunes tonight or just mix a little in oatmeal instead of giving it to her straight.

TIA. 

Re: OMG the poop (gross)

• Options

Oh no!  It sounds like she's just cleaning herself out.  I'd probably mix in a little oatmeal, but keep her on the prunes.

Good luck!

• Options
    I don't think it's an allergic reaction - if it's the first time she's had prunes, her tummy just needs to get used to it. Plus, of course, if she hadn't pooped in a few days, the first subsequent poo is always going to be a doozy!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds normal!  I'd just do as the pp said, mix in half oatmeal to her prunes for a little while to give her tummy a chance to settle.  Great that she loved them, though!  There will be times she really needs them and now you know you won't have a fight on your hands, lol!

Also, bananas are binders, so if you notice she has really loose stools for the next couple of days, you could do a bit of banana in the oatmeal/prune mix.  It's all about the balance.

• Options
    Thanks ladies! That  makes me feel much better about the situation. 
  • Options
    definitely agree with everyone that its normal...can i just say how jealous i am that you don't have those kind of blowouts often? I swear Emma had them all the time...there where blowouts where i had to take a bath too! lol. Applesauce works really well too and isn't quite as explosive as prunes.
  • Options
    The prunes are just making her regular...not an allergy  :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"