Orange County Babies

Boo, rain for Saturday

70% chance, according to weather.com.  Looks like we're expecting a great turnout, too!  Did we find an indoor location that can accomodate our size group? 

I've been looking but haven't come up with any bright ideas yet.
forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10

Re: Boo, rain for Saturday

• I know, I saw that too!  Sad

I have no clue where to have it at instead.  There were talks of MV mall, but our group + all the random shoppers, is that play area going to be big enough?

• Boo, that really sucks!  I don't know what the MV mall play area looks, like, so I don't really have any good input on that.  I honestly don't know where else we could have it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi,

I'm still a maybe, but the MV Mall play area is a pretty good size. I've seen that thing packed on weekdays at noon, but sometimes empty on weekends or weekday nights.

I hope we can make it!

• I haven't been to the MV mall but I would imagine that on a rainy Saturday it might be more crowded than usual since everyone is looking to get their LOs out of the house?  Is the area conducive for a potluck or is a food court nearby?
    Such a bummer, I was looking forward to the park.  I'm really ready for the sunshine!

• I am looking for something in Irvine since it is more central for everyone.  
  • What about Pretend City? Its in Irvine but there are some drawbacks - it gets packed on weekends. And the kids will be running around all over the place so it will be hard to stick together. Also, there's a $10 entrance fee per person (over the age of 1). 

Other option is to postpone it by a week. 

• So...the forecast for Saturday is still rain.  What should we do?  Postpone?
  • I'm fine with postponing until next weekend.
  • Sounds like we'll have to.  Unfortunately, I've got a volunteering commitment next Saturday and won't be able to make it then.
  • I'd say postone too since we can't find a good alternative.
  • Maybe we can do it on Sunday so AUGS can still make it.
  • imageLuckiest13:
    Maybe we can do it on Sunday so AUGS can still make it.

That would be awesome for me too, because we actually already have a playdate scheduled next Saturday morning and wouldn't be able to make the GTG either.

• Next Sunday works for us.

• I will send out another email
  • Hate to say it, but I'm glad the GTG has been rescheduled.  I'm stuck at work until 3pm today and would really love to meet all of you!  I'm available next weekend and am looking forward to it!

Courtney

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"