North Carolina Babies
Options

Poll: Taxes

Let's say you used a new accountant for your taxes this year and you were unhappy with results WWYD?
[Poll]

Re: Poll: Taxes

• Options

i guess it depends on how much the financial situation changed.  if it didn't change by much (income/deductions) then i'd get someone to recalculate.  if it changed by a pretty big amount, then i wouldn't do anything.

don't for get the marriage "penalty" for making work pay... it screwed a lot of married couples over.

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    Thanks Charch... it did not change much. Our former tax guy passed away unexpectedly so we had to find someone new this year. I haven't had a good vibe from him since I first talked to him. I should have gone with my gut. My dh and I are leaning towards having someone else look at it but we've never had a problem before so I didn't know what to do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can do the federal part for free on Turbo Tax, and just see if that part comes out the same.  You don't have to even file it, you can just fill it out and see what it comes out to.  I did this myself b/c DH was questioning our tiny return this year.  Far as I can tell it's right, and it sucks.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

has the guy given you a paper copy yet?  can you compare it to last years?  granted some tax codes have changed, but nothing too drastic.

GL.  taxes suck!

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    We did get the paper copy and I tried to compare and there were some discrepancies. I just feel like our other guy really helped us out but looking at every possible deduction and all, this guy not so much. And yes taxes do suck! I'm not looking to make money I just want to break even!
  • Options
    I'd mention the discrepancies and see if it was something they missed or if they had a different view on it.  I totally understand wanting to break even so I don't feel like asking them to review a few things before you sign off on your taxes is too much to ask.  Good luck, taxes are no fun!
  • Options
    First I'd chat w/ the new guy, simply b/c you paid him already, just to see what he says.  It sucks though that you aren't as comfortable with his as your last guy.  If after chatting you are still uneasy, I'd then probably get a second opinion.
  • Options
    Have you tried to run the numbers yourself to see what you get? I would do this first, then I would probably go back to him and ask some questions.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"