Preemies

link re: PNP's

I wanted to make sure you guys all saw this, too: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/32293789.aspx

Apparently someone's LO almost suffocated in a PNP...she called Graco and was told that the PNPs aren't intended for sleeping.

Re: link re: PNP's

• Holy hell, that is terrifying!!
  • So upsetting to hear Graco's response that PnP's aren't meant for sleeping in. BS. We should all phone in and complain if that's the case because they do NOT put warnings for that out there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just feel like they are marketed as travel beds - the things you take on vacation with you, etc.  If they aren't meant for sleeping they need to go back to marketing them as strictly play pens and take out the bassinet options.  The bassinet option to me is what screams meant for sleeping. 
    EDD: 01/08/10, Born 8 weeks early on 11/16/09 at 32w3d due to pre-eclampsia and partial abruption
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Our Family Blog
  • imagestephaniedeanne:
    I just feel like they are marketed as travel beds - the things you take on vacation with you, etc.  If they aren't meant for sleeping they need to go back to marketing them as strictly play pens and take out the bassinet options.  The bassinet option to me is what screams meant for sleeping. 

That's what I thought exactly. We're going down to FL with DD in a couple months and we had planned to have her sleep in the PNP. Now I'm nervous about it.

• I guess I don't understand how suffocating in a PNP is any different than suffocating in a crib. 
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • imageijack:
    I guess I don't understand how suffocating in a PNP is any different than suffocating in a crib. 

I think because the PNP isn't as firm (or smooth?) as a mattress!

And to be honest, if they argue that the baby is unsafe in the PNP for sleeping, how can you be sure that it's safe for anything else?  I mean, what is it good for?  It has a bassinet feature.  What else is a newborn going to do in a PNP except sleep?  I'm confused.

• imagelemen99:

imageijack:
    I guess I don't understand how suffocating in a PNP is any different than suffocating in a crib. 

I think because the PNP isn't as firm (or smooth?) as a mattress!

And to be honest, if they argue that the baby is unsafe in the PNP for sleeping, how can you be sure that it's safe for anything else?  I mean, what is it good for?  It has a bassinet feature.  What else is a newborn going to do in a PNP except sleep?  I'm confused.

If you scroll down in that post, she puts up pics of what she's talking about it. If I read it correctly, her DS's face got stuck in the crack in the mattress that's created from folding it. You know how it folds into thirds in order to be packed away? It's those cracks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"