North Carolina Babies

Move 3 mo. old bedtime

Claire had been going to bed between 8 and 9 p.m.  Then one night I got the bright idea to try to move her bedtime to 7 p.m.  It was a disaster and some how ended up causing her to now go to bed even later.  I think because she didn't go to bed until 10 or 11 p.m., she was sleeping later in the morning.  Because I work at home, I wasn't waking her up at any particular time, just letting her sleep.  Since then, she's been going to bed more around 10-10:30.  Yesterday, I decided to try to shift her a little so when she woke up at 6:30 a.m. to nurse, I kept her up for a little over an hour.  But then she slept 4 hours!  I'm guessing that was still a continuation of her night time sleep.  Low and behold, last night she wouldn't go to bed until midnight!!  I have got to change this.

What's the best way to move their bedtime?  This morning, I got her up at 7:30 (planned on 7 but couldn't get my butt out of bed :).  She was not happy.  She feel asleep at 8:30 for a "nap" although I'm guessing if I let her sleep, she could go for 4 hours again.  If you've moved your LO's sleep schedule, did you let them nap for only a certain amount of time?  Do you think if I wake her after 2 hours it might help?  I'm not a fan of waking a sleeping baby but going to bed at midnight is a bit much, especially now that I'm back working.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Move 3 mo. old bedtime

• Ferber has some helpful stuff about shifting your child's schedule in his "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" book. (It involves shifting your child's entire schedule throughout the day.) Most of it is geared toward children who are 6 mo.+ though, but you might be able to loosely apply some of the principles about how to slowly shift a bedtime. GL!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"