Northern California Babies

Space Challenged Apt - Crib Ideas

Okay we live in a tiny 1 bedroom apt. Hubby's job is a little shaky right now just like the rest of the world... so we don't really want to move. If we got a normal crib in our room we would have 11" between our bed and the crib. We could have the crib in our living room (AWESOME AMBIANCE). Or a pack and play as a crib, but that just feels wrong.

Are you space challenged? What are you doing?

TIA, M 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Space Challenged Apt - Crib Ideas

• Have you considered an Arms Reach Co-sleeper? Or a hammock like the Amby or Kanoe?
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • When our first was born, we were essentially in a one bedroom and we had an Amby baby hammock in our room.  Worked great for us, and my son slept it in exclusively for the first 4-5 months.  If after that time, you're still in the one bedroom, then either of those options would work - crib in living room or PNP as crib.  We didn't even buy a crib until he was 8 months old.

No reason to rush the crib purchase!  Use an Amby or a PNP until you figure things out.

• Loading the player...
  • For the first 6 mos I had a Travel Lite pnp by Graco in my bedroom for each of mine and loved the smaller size of it for a versatile bassinet/pnp/travel crib.  Here's a link to one at BRU, though ours was a nice, neutral green/cream pattern... which I've seen come available on craigslist occasionally.

• I would do the arms reach cosleeper then. It is smaller than a crib and they can stay in it for quite some time.
  • i had a crib in my one bed room when we shared with Lexi and it was a tight fit. THen when we moved and it was, DH, Me, LExi and Orion, the pack and play was our saving grace. i loved it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What about a mini crib?

We're in a 2 bedroom place, but we didn't want to give up our office/guest room so DD's crib is in a corner of our room (fortunately our bedroom is large enough to fit everything). I have a friend who does the same thing with a much smaller room, and her DD sleeps in a mini crib.

ETA: I should add that I second the Co-Sleeper idea, at least for the first few months. We used one until DD was 6 months old and it worked great.  A P&P would also work well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Arm's Reach mini co-sleeper is great for small spaces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"