Preemies

Hey I am new to this bord I had my baby at 30 weeks

I had my baby at 30 weeks on Feb 8th due to pre-e. He has been in the NICU for 2 weeks now. This has been the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. It is so hard to bond with your baby in the NICU, it is hard to belive sometimes that he is my baby. He has been doing very well. He was only on oxygen for like 2 days and he was off of his IV after 1 week. He was put into NICU step down this week. His birth weight was 2 lbs 12 1/4 ozs he is now up to 3 lbs. He also took a bottle for the 1st time yesterday he only took like 5 cc's but that is better than nothing. I can't waite until he gets home but I am also scared to death for him to come home as well.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hey I am new to this bord I had my baby at 30 weeks

• Congrats on your baby boy. My little guy was born at 30 weeks too for the same reason. I understand how you feel. This is incredibly hard. Hopefully we will both be out of the NICU and home with our little ones soon.
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
  • Congrats!  My girls were born at 30 weeks 1 day and spent 6 and 8 weeks in the NICU.  They were mainly feeders/growers and were about the size of your little one when he was born.

The NICU is an 'experience', but hang in there. 

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your little one!  My DD was born at 25 weeks and I really believe that our time at the NICU changed me as a person (for the better) when all was said and done.  Take good care of yourself, and keep us posted!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats!! I hope your LO is home soon!

The best thing you can do to prepare for your LO coming home is to take care of yourself!  Get rest, take a break from the NICU once in a while, eat well, etc!

• Congrats on the arrival of your LO!  This is a wonderful board full of amazing and strongs people .... just stinks you have to be here.  My LO came 8 weeks eary due to pre e too.  It was totally unexpected and we were no way near prepared!  I remember how hard it was to accept that that LO under the glass was MINE!  It was so hard to leave, but I knew he was in good hands.  The best thing I could do was leave him there and let them take care of him.  It sounds like your LO is doing great!  Here is some :::::::boring NICU stay:::::: dust.  Hopefully your LO will not have any major set backs and will be home soon.  I know right now you are probably thinking that it will seem like he is in the NICU forever ...... but 5 months from now you will wonder where did the time go?  Cherish this time bonding with you LO.  Sending many prayers to you and your LO!
  • Congratulations on your son! 
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Congrats on your little guy!  It's true that this is a really tough time, but believe me it gets better.  Coming home is sometimes no picnic either because of your nerves, but that gets better too.  Hang in there!
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations on your baby and I hope he continues to do well and can come home soon. I'm on bed rest now and the doctors are hoping I make it to 35 weeks but there is a chance my baby will come sooner. They gave me and my husband a tour of the NICU and seeing those tiny little babies was so emotional! Modern medicine is amazing and it's a relief to know there are good doctors and nurses to take care of our babies! Good luck with everything!
  • Congrats on your son.  My daughter was born at 30 weeks due to pre-e and hellp syndrome.  It is a long ride but the NICU time will end.  It is awesome and scary to bring home your baby but you will love being home when you get there.  It is hard to bond but do as much as you can in the nicu, change diapers, take temps.  You will become for confident and in a few weeks you will really know your baby and the routine and it will feel more natural.  The longer you are there the more you will get to do.  Also try to personalize his space so that it feels like your area.  We brought baskets from the nursery to hold her things, a small toy, pictures and blankets.  It really helped to make it all less sterile.  Also in a few weeks you will get into a routine and it will feel much more normal to you, well your new normal.  I look forward to getting to know you better! Sam
  • Welcome to the board... unfortunately we are all here because of those early little babies.  Our boys were also born at 30 weeks due to pre-e.. they had a relatively uneventful stay and were home with us within 6 weeks.  The NICU is soooo hard, but you will look back at it and won't believe how long ago it really seems.  It's great that he's already in step down and starting to try a bottle.  Know that we are here from you if you have any questions or just need to vent... the NICU is such a rollercoaster ride.  Goodluck to you and your LO.

• congrats on your son! Rowen was born at 30 weeks too. he was 3lbs 13oz. he is now 3 years old and doing great with some minor developmental delays. take things one day at a time!

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
  • Congrats and welcome!  I hope your DS continues to have an uneventful NICU stay and comes home soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"