Georgia Babies

Holy cow! Audrey's school caught on fire!

This was her third week there, so naturally I drive by it anytime I have an errand to run. I was on my way home from the mall and drove that way to find the school swarmed by fire trucks, ambulance and police. It was the WORST feeling I've ever had in my life. All of the kids were safe and it wasn't a huge fire but OMG I never want to feel that scared, helpless feeling again!

Re: Holy cow! Audrey's school caught on fire!

• OMG, this post literally made my heart stop!  I am sure that is the scariest feeling in the world.  I'm glad everyone is ok but wow... so scary!

• That is so scary!!  Everyone should make sure and talk to their director about fire drills. 

I challenged our director about this. When we were in Atlanta, Alec's daycare was in my work boulding downtown. The director always assured me they get the kids out before the grown-ups and they do weekly fire drills (staff has no idea when they are)..they have a whole plan where the maintenance crew would each carry 2 kids out.

I worked from home one day (very pregnant) and when i went to pick Alec up, the fire alarm was going off and the emergency gates came down--like superwoman, I slid under them, ran up the escalator to grab Alec.  He was already outside eating a treat:)  totally scared the crap out of me, but I knew the daycare was prepared.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh man, that's enough to scare the pee out of any Mom! I'm so glad Audrey is ok!
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • How scary for you.....but you know all the kids were so excited to see the firetrucks!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • yikes!  so glad she's safe.  and the other kids too.!
  • So scary! Glad everyone is OK and that you were right there to pick Audrey up!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Yikes! I can imagine the panic!  So thankful everything is okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"