Baby Names

Some Girl Names are really Sexy for babies I think - maybe it's just me.

There are a couple of names that I thought were really grown up, and sophisticated sounding, but sort of awkward sounding on little cuddly, fluffy babies. 

ie Roxanne and Maxine

Both pretty names, I think even though NMS - but some names truly sound like they were made for a sexy siren! 

Maybe in my mind it has something to do with the 'x' in the names. 

Re: Some Girl Names are really Sexy for babies I think - maybe it's just me.

• hah I agree. I know two little girls named Lucky and Luxe. I honestly think they sound like stripper names.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what you mean. I feel that way about Veronica. I think it's a really pretty and sexy name for a woman, but on a baby would seem odd to me. 

• LOL my MIL's name is Roxanna (or Roxy) and thinking of her as a sex kitten makes me vomit in my mouth a little.  Stick out tongue

• imageTheMomDiggity:

ie Roxanne and Maxine

Well, thanks to The Police, I'll always associate Roxanne with one who 'sells her body to the night' - so yes, not a name I would give my child.

Maxine, on the other, I think that could be kinda cute.

Oh, and DD's name - Alexandra - it has an X in it... does that name seem too grown up to you too?  Just curious :-).

• imageAMossy:

LOL my MIL's name is Roxanna (or Roxy) and thinking of her as a sex kitten makes me vomit in my mouth a little.  Stick out tongue

Love it 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe Roxxxanne or Maxxxine are too sexy, but otherwise I don't really see it.

• I think the name Alexandra grows with a child - so the 'x' doesn't seem so firey in that particular name.

Roxanne just has a really sensual, mature sound to it IMO. More like a name you grow into.

• I know a little girl in our neighborhood named Roxanne. I just associate it with her now. I think once you have a child and name her something, other associations with the same name go away.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"