Adoption

Crazy 24 hours....

The last 24 hours seem like a dream. I was at work when the agency called and said they had a "drop in" that delivered a 6 lb 9 ounce 18 inch long little boy. Emphasis on little. We got to meet the birth mom and she was really sweet and focused on making sure the baby got bonding time with us. We were able to get a room in the hospital and able to keep the baby with us throughout the night. The birth mom asked us for the name we are going to give him and wanted to put that on the birth certificate. His name is Jayce Efren A. Now we are at home and still in disbelief. Well, and really tired. Between my husband snoring and Jayce waking up every few hours I believe I got 3 hours of sleep. I am now feeling a second wind that I hope allows me to get his room more situated and some bottles sterilized. 

Re: Crazy 24 hours....

• Oh, that is just wonderful!  Congratulations on your new baby boy.  The sleep will get better in time, too.

It's funny, I was exactly the same size at birth- 6lbs 9 oz, 18 inches.  I think it is a perfect size for a baby!

• Loading the player...
  • OMG congrats!
  • That is so wonderful!! Congratulations to you guys!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow - that is awesome!!
    2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • WOW crazy is right...how wonderful for all of you.  I remember the no sleep days..its gets better and you can take a deep breath soon.  Congrats to all of you!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Definetly a crazy time! Congrats!
  • What wonderful news! Congrats!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Congratulations!  How exciting!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Congratulations! That is so wonderful.
  • That's great!  We were matched like this too (although after the call we had to drive 12 hours to get Ben and stay 10 days in a hotel).   The sleep will get better, I promise.  Enjoy your time with your new little one, mommy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• That is amazing!  Congratulations, Mom!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Wow, what a whirlwind introduction to parenthood!  :)  Congratulations!!
  • Wow! Congrats!!
  • That's amazing!  Congratulations!  Enjoy it, and soak it up as much as you can!
  • That sounds like the best kind of crazy 24 hours ever. : )
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! I'm a mom getting ready to adopt out my baby and I love reading about how joyous it is for an adopting mom to have a new baby!!
  • Congratulations!!!  I am so happy for you!  You must be on cloud-9 right now!!

DX: Severe MFI (very low motility) in 2006. 2 IVF's and 1 FET ended in 3 losses. Adopted our baby girl born 10/2/10. FET March 2012= c/p. Officially done with fertIlity treatments. Plan to start adoption process again 2014/2015.
  • That is so exciting! Congratulations!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Wow, wonderful news! Congratulations!

• Wow!!! What a whirlwind and an amazing blessing!  It must be so surreal.  Good luck getting organized but don't forget that most precious snuggle time.
  • that is JUST WONDERFUL!  Congratulations!...
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Thank you all so much for the well wishes. The funny thing is just last week I was really feeling down and like I was never going to be a mom. So all you waiting for a match it truly can and will happen. 
  • How very exciting!  I think it's always so thrilling to hear these stories about how things happened so quickly and everything falls into place!  Enjoy every moment:)
  • OMG - how wonderful.  Congrats!!
  • Congratulations!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"