Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Today has been tough

I would have had my 3rd prenatal appointment and been 16 weeks today. At the beginning of last week I was really hoping to have an ultrasound to find out what it was, I did find out today but I didn't want to know like this. The doctor thought she could tell Tuesday morning at the induction but didn't want to tell us wrong. She called today and told us it was a boy. I knew it all along, I don't know if that hurt more, or if everything just hurts. She also said that there was a small hemorrage in the placenta, but that they won't know everything for another week or so. I am just so heartbroken.

Re: Today has been tough

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope the information you get will be the beginning of the healing process for you.  We'll be here for you along the way because we know exactly the part of your heart that's broken...
    2009: 1st IVF began 12/29, cancelled due to OHSS; 1st full IVF began 2/10 ER 2/27 ET 3/4 BFN 3/13; IVF #2 began 5/23 ER 6/4 ET 6/9 BFP 6/18 Lost our baby on 9/12. 2010: IVF #3 (w/PGD) began 2/1 ER: 2/15 ET: 2/20 BFN 3/1; Took a break for hernia surgery and recovery; IVF #4 (w/PGD) began 6/30 ER 7/13 ET 7/18 BFN 7/27; IVF #5 began 10/23 ER 11/5 ET 11/10 Low Pos 11/19 BFN 11/22; Took a break: got a 2nd opinion,changed insurance,chose a new RE,and recharged emotionally. 2011: "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 6/4, 6/6, and 6/7 BFN on 6/21. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/3 & 7/5 BFN on 7/19. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/30, 8/1 & 8/2...the journey continues into 2012 with three more IVFs and 6 more IUIs...now looking at IVF with donor egg Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. ((HUGE HUGS))
  • Loading the player...
  • I just read your other post and am glad that everything went fairly quickly for you. I am also glad that you got to hold your baby.  As you know, I too lost a little boy and like you don't know if it's better or worse knowing.  I do like that we were able to name our son and can talk about him using his name rather than just thinking of him as the baby we lost.

I hope you get some answers to what happened.  It is hard not knowing and having so many questions as to why.

You are right, everything just hurts and I am so sorry for your loss.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I'm so sorry you are having a hard day!  We were hoping to find out the sex when they told us instead there was no heartbeat, but we did find out at the induction.  I think it helped to know the sex and to name our baby - he was real and he has an identity, and we chose names with special meaning.  I know everything hurts right now.  Hang in there...we are all right there with you!  {{Hugs}}
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  ((HUGS))
    Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
    Isabella Faith---Born 12/17/10 via c-section.
    Abigail Marie---Born 11/16/12 via c-section
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I"m so sorry you have to go through this... ((HUGS))Left HugRight Hug
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im sorry for your lost. I just lost my baby on wed . I was 10 weeks it sucks so much . Im just hurting when my kids keep asking me about the baby. My 9 year old son is taking it bad ,he was hoping for a brother this time it just hurts me . Now Im trying to delete my page cuz it hurts.

• ((hugs)).  I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through.  Please take care of yourself and know we're all here for you.
  • So sorry for your loss.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"