Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Insurance

Personally, I'm ready for nationalized health care. I can't imagine they could be any worse that what I have now.

Re: Insurance

• Options

I'm torn.

I like my current insurance and how easy all the IF stuff was.

However, if there was a nationalized thing - I wouldn't have to worry about getting ins. through my job.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    I might feel differently if I had Kaiser. Anthem can go suck donkey balls.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was Kaiser-less for 6 years.   Don't remember who I had then, but I hated having to call all the time to check and see if this, that, and the other were covered.

and I'd still get bills later.

hated that.

hope whatever mess they are creating now gets fixed up quickly for you!

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

They say they didn't mess anything up. Apparently certain procedures (and they couldn't really explain - maybe because it was outpatient? Surgery center? No clue) don't get covered at 100%, even though the procedure itself is a covered benefit and it was done at an in-network hospital. So I am looking at another $1000 bucks, in addition to the $500 deductible and the $680 anesthesia (although I am still hoping that will get covered - we wait and see).

I told the supervisor they needed to send me the 1000 page novel of all the intricate details on how every single little item is covered since it's obvious they won't share it with me until after the fact. My head was spinning - 15% up to $3000, then 20%, $500 deductible on in-network, $1000 deductible out of network, co-insurance... wtf?

• Options
    Oh and I think about how many IUI's I could have done for $1500.
  • Options

Agreed. I fricking hate dealing with insurance and I technically have a "good" one (BCBS). They are total m0ther f&ckers.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    insurance companies suck.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry Dip. That bites.  I have been lucky so far and have not had any problems with my insurance (UHC), but I also have not gotten the bill for all the devices I am hooked up to although I got a letter from them stating it is covered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Is the nationalized plan going to cover IF?  Cuz then I'd be for it.  My hesitation is just letting the government get too big and too involved in everyone's business.  I mean its a pain to go in for your driver's license renewal, I can't imagine that dealing with medical coverage will be easy.

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Options
    imageJennifer*L*923:

Is the nationalized plan going to cover IF?  Cuz then I'd be for it.  My hesitation is just letting the government get too big and too involved in everyone's business.  I mean its a pain to go in for your driver's license renewal, I can't imagine that dealing with medical coverage will be easy.

I doubt the nationalized plan would cover IF, but at least then I would know where I stood? I'm just frustrated that my current insurance can find a loophope for just about anything. If they can't apply it to deductible, they try to say it's out of network. and then if they can't do that, they say it's not covered at 100%.
  • Options
    Dealing with insurance is a pain in the ass, but I do not trust the government to make it any better.  In fact, my bet is the gov't will make things worse overall -- like Jen said, look at the DMV.  Name one gov't agency that functions efficiently.  Scary thought for me.  Very scary.
    Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • Options
    I agree, our government has a knack for screwing everything up. But I don't see any resolution to the situation, government or no government. I am still getting screwed either way. So what difference does it really make?
  • Options

So far in the 2 policies I have applied for I have been told I was obese and needed to pay $100 more a month than originally quoted. Even though the underwriter knew I was 3 months post baby.

Yesterday I was flat out declined because I have been treated for depression.  Even though I have not been on medication for a year and out of counseling for almost 2.

F*ck insurance companies and the assholes that run them. 

• Options
    imagemb~zf:

F*ck insurance companies and the assholes that run them. 

QOTD

• Options
    Unfortunately I don't see anything being easier or more things being covered under a nationalized program.  I see more loopholes, longer wait times, more out of pocket money, and more confusing in general.  Look at tax code, you have to be an accountant to make sense of it, yet individuals can file their own taxes.  You would need your own personal insurance guru to figure out a national system.
  • Options

I already think I need to be my own personal insurance guru since no matter what I say, they have an excuse.

I didn't really mean for this to be a debate about nationalized healthcare. I'm just angry and bitter and upset. I have been fighting tears all day long. And I have 7 hours left in my workday.

• Options
    imageSerendipitie:

I already think I need to be my own personal insurance guru since no matter what I say, they have an excuse.

I didn't really mean for this to be a debate about nationalized healthcare. I'm just angry and bitter and upset. I have been fighting tears all day long. And I have 7 hours left in my workday.

(((hugs))) for you, hun

life can suck big donkey balls at times.  I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this crap at once.

Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • Options
    imageMrsO1111:
    imageSerendipitie:

(((hugs))) for you, hun

life can suck big donkey balls at times.  I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this crap at once.

I know sweetie, I'm sorry they are sucking so much!

• Options

I hate all this for you Dip. I wish there was something I could do.

HUGE HUGE HUGS

• Options
    imageyogisunam:

I hate all this for you Dip. I wish there was something I could do.

HUGE HUGE HUGS

This, this, this... Un abrazo.

• Options

I definitely think something needs to change, but I (obviously) don't have many answers. My BIL and SIL are in the medical profession and are definitely not for Obama care and have good reasons. But I also know of many stories from the CF boards of people being completely screwed over by the current state of healthcoverage.

So far I've had great insurance (although minimal IF coverage, luckily we didn't need to get into anything more expensive than IUI+clomid), but I know others that aren't so lucky. Plus, I think it sucks that MH could never start his own buisness because we, as a family, would be uninsurable due to my CF.

And lifetime maximums need to go, IMO, because the people who exceed them are the people who REALLY need insurance (like people who need lung transplants). There is a new CF med coming down the pipeline that is looking like it could be a miracle drug - as in seriously extending people's lifespans and possibly being an almost "cure". BUT, the cost is going to be soooo expensive, I've heard as much as $20K a month - if that's true, that would mean someone w/ a million dollar lifetime maximum would only be able to get the drug for 5 years, and then, what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hate Anthem and Humana. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"