High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In Friday

This thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!  

Name - Natasha

Due Date - 4/29

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 29w1d

Type - Strict Bedrest

Why ? Pre-e and IUGR

Question of the Day- How are you preparing for LO with being on bedrest? Is the nursery finished? Have you packed your bag?

I haven't packed a bag as yet and I am going to ask my roommate to pack it for me as I point. We don't have a nursery because we are moving at the end of April/beginning of May. Thankfully, I got most of the clothes washed a week ago so I dont have to worry about that. For anything else, I am going to ask my mom to come help me.

Update: I went to my OB appointment yesterday and Elena is growing very slowly. She has IUGR. I'm so worried. I feel like I am failing my little girl and my body isnt doing it's job properly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In Friday

• Options

Name - Lauren

Due Date - 3/23

Date Placed on Bedrest - all 1st tri-16 weeks, admitted to the hospital 1/4

Type - Strict Hospital bedrest

Why ? IUGR

Question of the Day- How are you preparing for LO with being on bedrest? Is the nursery finished? Have you packed your bag?

We have the nursery finished for the most part--thankfully I started working on it and ordering things for it pretty early on so DH has dutifully been putting it together since im in the hospital--Little Buddy's stuff is still all over the place--but I know where the essentials are (diapers, wipes, pacis and a few onesies) I will just have to organize once he is born and we're both home--as for packing a bag: half of my freaking house is at the hospital since Ive been here so long haha but seriously I actually will have to start moving out of my room this wknd since I have so much stuff here (I literally have half my maternity clothes here, pillows, comforter, humidifier, flowers, cards, baby stuff, books, knitting, etc.)

Update: No real updates--I have an ultrasound at 2pm to check doppler flow, fluid levels and BPP

Natasha: ((Hugs)) you are ABSOLUTELY not failing your little girl!! You are doing so much for her! IUGR is a scary situation but it can also end up being not as bad as you would think--did your OB give an estimate to Elena's size/percentile? Feel free to PM me any questions about IUGR or if you just need to vent, cry, etc. Just remember you are doing everything humanly possible for her right now--chin up mama!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Name - Laura

Due Date - 6/5

Date Placed on Bedrest - 1/15 at 20w

Type - Modified Bedrest at home

Why ? Incompetent Cervix-Cerclage

Answer:  I don't have one thing done.  I don't know anything about baby stuff.  I didn't want to plan/buy anything until after 20w because I wanted to make sure LO was OK first.  The day of my 20w u/s my DH and I both took off work and planned to go to the u/s and then to BabiesrUs and spend the day buying stuff and registering.  It was supposed to be a great day.  Then we got the bad news about my cervix- and bedrest- and we didn't go.  I've been really scared since then, and just haven't felt ready to look at anything yet.  I didn't want to have any baby stuff in my house if LO came before viability.  But, I'm feeling way more optimistic.  I did buy Baby Bargains- and my plan is on Monday to start going through it and learning about baby gear and checking things out.  My sister is coming next weekend and she and DH will go register for us. 

Updates- Nothing new here.  We're snowed in.  I know that I'm always housebound- but it makes me feel better to know that- so is the rest of the tri-state area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Name - Michelle

Due Date - 4/20

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 14wks

Type - Mod Bedrest

Why ? Herniated disks in back 

Answer- Well, I do TONS of online shopping...getting pkgs in the mail is fun for me.  My DH has washed all the clothes and brought them to me so I could fold, put on hangers, ect and direct him where they go.  This made me feel like a Mom as opposed to a director.  I loved handling all her little outfits and imagining putting them on her.  We have the nursery pretty much done, but we will be taking everything down to go to our new house now. Crying But my darling Livy will now have a bigger room and a play room!  It's going to be hard, because now I can't do the new nursery till after the 16th and who knows how I'll get it done!

My bag is not packed 100%.  Livy's bag is and I have a lot of the stuff for my bag, but I still need a few things like a robe, candies, nightgown and some nursing tops.  I'll be taking care of it this week, since I noticed a marked increase in contrax which are making me nervous....

Updates- Doc appt went well yesterday.  I had good weight gain!  Yeah!  Livy is still measure a bit small, but not too much that they are worried.  My doc is worried about my back and deterierating muscles and wants me to try to swim 1-2 a week as long as I can continue to get the contrax to stop afterwards.  She's considering upping my pain meds, which I want to avoid, but I'm not sure how that will be possible if I swim. It doesn't hurt while I swim, which is amazing, but afterwards...watch out Batman!!

Natasha-  Lots and lots of hugs to you.  You are doing everything you can for your babies and you are NOT failing them in ANY way.  We all feel this way sometimes, but you need to just keep telling your babies you love them so much and to grow, grow, grow.  You, your body and your babies will find a way to make this work.  Lean on Lauren for some advice and help...she's ran the race of IUGR and us bedrest mama's stick together!  Take your moments to scream, cry, vent, yell at God, whatever you need...then take a deep breath, wrap your arms around your belly and give your babies a hug.  You are doing your best and everybody (especially Elena) knows that!

• Options

Laura....How strict is your mod BR?  Do you always have to be laying down or can you sit up at all?  Just wondering if it would work if you live close to BRU to ride there laying down in the backseat, have DH go get a wheelchair from inside, and push you around for 1/2 hour of registering.  They could get everything set up ahead of time and you could just go in with the gun quickly, then finish online?  It's just a thought....what DH and I did....

If you can't, I'd recommend checking out the website and seeing how much you can do on-line.  Updating, changing, browsing for mine took a lot of the time and helped me feel like I had a choice in the matter.

Don't worry about not knowing much about baby stuff.  Your LO will never know, I promise!

• Options

Lauren....it must be something in the air.  I can't get my prescipt for pain meds!!  I hate the pharmacy we use and they screwed something up.  My doc is not in on Friday's and I need a new prescrip written for the weekend.  I've talked with the nurses at my hospital and they are going to try and get me a small weekend script from a different doc, but not sure if they can because it's a narcotic!  AHHHH!!!  I'm trying not to freak out, but I don't know what I'll do if they can't.  Gotta love it, huh?

• Options
    imagemiaomi:

Laura....How strict is your mod BR?  Do you always have to be laying down or can you sit up at all?  Just wondering if it would work if you live close to BRU to ride there laying down in the backseat, have DH go get a wheelchair from inside, and push you around for 1/2 hour of registering.  They could get everything set up ahead of time and you could just go in with the gun quickly, then finish online?  It's just a thought....what DH and I did....

If you can't, I'd recommend checking out the website and seeing how much you can do on-line.  Updating, changing, browsing for mine took a lot of the time and helped me feel like I had a choice in the matter.

Don't worry about not knowing much about baby stuff.  Your LO will never know, I promise!

Hi Michelle- I think that might be a possibility!  I never thought that BRU would have a wheelchair inside.  I'm going to ask my doc when I go on Mon. what he thinks about that.  Otherwise, I haven't even looked at the website yet- so I am happy to know you can do alot online. 

Happy to hear you got a pass for swimming 2x per week!  That will be a nice break for you.  You're entering the home stretch, mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thank you! Those words mean a lot to me. No one really understands but us bedrest mama's. Lauren, I sent you a PM.

It's going to be rough but I am willing to do anything to keep these babies in me and growing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemiaomi:

Lauren....it must be something in the air.  I can't get my prescipt for pain meds!!  I hate the pharmacy we use and they screwed something up.  My doc is not in on Friday's and I need a new prescrip written for the weekend.  I've talked with the nurses at my hospital and they are going to try and get me a small weekend script from a different doc, but not sure if they can because it's a narcotic!  AHHHH!!!  I'm trying not to freak out, but I don't know what I'll do if they can't.  Gotta love it, huh?

ugh! I dont understand why it is so difficult! Dont the dr's realize that we need these prescriptions to survive?? lol Do you have any meds stashed away somewhere--I mean worse comes to worse you can always go to an urgent care or ER to try and get something but I know you dont want to mess w/ that crap--GL! Hopefully they get their sh*t together and get something worked out for you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Name - Liz

Due Date - 5/29

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 26w5d

Type - Strict Bedrest

Why ? shortened cervix/Bicornuate Uterus

Question of the Day-How are you preparing for LO with being on bedrest? Is the nursery finished? Have you packed your bag?

The nursery has the essentials and is pretty much done.  I just wanted to add some artwork and shelvs, hang shelves, etc.  We have some hand me down clothes and that's about it.  If I do end up delivering early then Madelyn will most likely be in the NICU so I will still have time to pick up stuff.  I don't have a bag packed yet since all of this hit me like a mac truck.  I'll have DH work on something this weekend.

Update-received my steroid shot last night(not so bad) Had another cervical length measurement this am.  Went from 1.4 to 1.1, so not ideal.  I go back every Wed for measurements, if 1.0 or less I go on hospital bedrest.  Meet with the NICU docs next Wed too.  Madelyn looks good, she is a little small and we finally got the 100% it's a girl shot today.  So back in bed at home is where I'll be!

align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• Options

Name - Allison

Due Date - 3/25

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 32w5d

Type - Modified Home Bedrest

Why ? IUGR & PTL

The weekend that I went into PTL, we had moved our first daughter into her "big girl room". Her old room is the nursery and we'll be using it for DD#2. Most of the stuff was already in there just waiting for her to move out. My husband has followed orders about arranging things in the room and washing clothes.

I finished packing my bag the other day (& DD has her bag packed). I can't believe that she'll really be here soon!

Update: Got my new c-section date today. Thursday, March 4th I'm officially a mommy of 2 little girls! Little one definitely is IUGR and dropped in percentiles (from almost 5th percentile to 2nd-3rd percentile) and they want her out as soon as I hit 37 weeks. I'm nervous but my doctor feels pretty confident that she'll be great once she's out. I am excited to meet her!

• Options
    Name - Shari Due Date - 4/3Date Placed on Bedrest - 2/6- 32 weeksType - Strict Bedrest at homeWhy ? High Bp and monitor for Pre-eQuestion of the Day- How are you preparing for LO with being on bedrest? Is the nursery finished? Have you packed your bag?Answer: The  nursery is almost done.  My showers were this passed week, so I should say the nursery is actually a mess right now.  My DH is going to finish working on what he can tomorrow.  I am going to sit on the glider and put my feet up on the ottoman and direct him.  I believe tomorrow he is going to wash all of Lily's clothes and organize everything.  He is going to put up the little decorations tomorrow also, like the wall decals and the letters I painted before on bedrest.   Everything is almost ready for Lily, but I just wish I could go to the store and shop for a few things.  We are going to sit down and make a list of what we still need.  DH is going to go or I am going to just shop online this week.No, my hospital bag is not packed.  I really need to do this.  You never know when I will go to an appointment and have to stay in L&D.  It's on my list of things to do this week... or I should say direct my DH to do.  Update:  Went to my NST today.  It lasted forever today.  I was there for an hour and a half.  The nurse told me not to plan too much on these days because I could be longer if they do not have enough activity with LO especially since I have high BP.  She just wants to sleep when the NST is done it seems this week.  In the end, everything was good though.  My BP was great the nurse kept on saying.  I think the highest it was when I first got there 117/81.  After laying there for awhile my lowest was 97/70.  I guess bed rest is working.  Still on strict bed rest though.  Next week I have 3 appointments and looking forward to that.I also told them about the sharp pains I had yesterday in my upper abdomen.  I know these are signs of pre-e.  they have not been back though and the nurse seems to think that it was gas pains and I think that's what the doctor said too. Tomorrow is a big day. I will be 35 weeks! :)  I still hope that baby stays in until March 22nd.  She can be a birthday gift.  I will be 38 wks. and 2 days then. I love this board.  It keeps me sane at times ladies.  It's good to have a supportive group of ladies that I can talk to that are on bed rest too.  It lets me know I am not alone. :)
  • Options

Name - Archna

Due Date - 3/24

Date Placed on Bedrest - 2/25 at 35w

Type - Modified Bedrest at home

Why - Labor contractions- they want me to keep LO in until Wednesday, so no exercise for me...

Well, I was going to pack my hospital bag this weekend and do all LO's laundry.. Might have DH help me with some of that so I don't exert myself! I am going stir crazy with nothing to do.. Think I might Netflix some bad movies to keep me sane. Also have about 12 people staying at my house next weekend for my shower, which is also going to be hosted at home.. So got a long week of planning and preparing that I'm now not allowed to do! Argh!

I also just found out that my contractions have started because my body thinks this is my second pregnancy (I was raped when I was 17 and had an abortion that my parents don't know about... So this is really difficult for me!). I feel like I did something wrong to put LO in distress- might be why I had to go to L&D for PTL in January..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c 03.08.11 at ~9 weeks
  • Options
    imageskyllingstadl:
    imagemiaomi:

ugh! I dont understand why it is so difficult! Dont the dr's realize that we need these prescriptions to survive?? lol Do you have any meds stashed away somewhere--I mean worse comes to worse you can always go to an urgent care or ER to try and get something but I know you dont want to mess w/ that crap--GL! Hopefully they get their sh*t together and get something worked out for you!

A wonderful and great nurse found a doc that wrote me a prescrip to last through the weekend and will talk with my ob on Monday about a new script.  The nurse is sending the script and calling the pharmacy herself to get it straitened out.  I hate this pharmacy...the chick treated me like I was some whacked out druggie....WTF?  My doc is calling in the script, I'm sorry if YOU think it's too much.  Totally not your call.  But I can't change pharmacies because of insurance.  Oh, well, at least I won't spend the weekend going into the hospital!

• Options
    imageskyllingstadl:
    imagemiaomi:

A wonderful and great nurse found a doc that wrote me a prescrip to last through the weekend and will talk with my ob on Monday about a new script.  The nurse is sending the script and calling the pharmacy herself to get it straitened out.  I hate this pharmacy...the chick treated me like I was some whacked out druggie....WTF?  My doc is calling in the script, I'm sorry if YOU think it's too much.  Totally not your call.  But I can't change pharmacies because of insurance.  Oh, well, at least I won't spend the weekend going into the hospital!

• Options

Name - Dena

Due Date - 5/25

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 25w4days

Type - Strict Bedrest-hospital

Why ? placenta abruption/ruptured membranes

Question of the Day-How are you preparing for LO with being on bedrest? Is the nursery finished? Have you packed your bag?

I've been lurking for a while but I thought that I would join in!  I have been on bed rest for almost 2 weeks now-the first week was at home and this week is in the hospital. I'm not going to be able to leave until the little bugger is born.  I have a mild placenta abruption and as of this week I have sprung a leak!  On Monday when they admitted me my fluid was at a 3.4 but has been going up some-was a 6 on Wed, 9 yesterday but back to a 6 today.  I've been pretty happy with anything over a 5! 

Overall-the nursery is done-we moved our son to his "big boy" room about a month ago and were going to keep the nursery the same until this one came along and we learned the sex.  I guess I have a bag packed since I'm here and needed my stuff but prior to being admitted I did not.  My husband did a good job with bringing me the things that I needed and even brought some stuff that I didn't put on my list! 

• Options
    Archna-- Just wanted to let you know I really feel for you--I volunteered my counseling hours (I'm a social worker) at a pregnancy care center and I counseled some post-abortive girls--it is an incredibly hard thing to deal with...I was also raped in the past and realize how difficult that is to deal with and have such sympathy for women who have had to experience these difficult trials--just wanted to let you know I am here for you if you ever need to talk Embarrassed
  • Options

imageskyllingstadl:
    Archna-- Just wanted to let you know I really feel for you--I volunteered my counseling hours (I'm a social worker) at a pregnancy care center and I counseled some post-abortive girls--it is an incredibly hard thing to deal with...I was also raped in the past and realize how difficult that is to deal with and have such sympathy for women who have had to experience these difficult trials--just wanted to let you know I am here for you if you ever need to talk Embarrassed

Thanks, it was really hard to deal with when it happened all those years ago, but I finally found some good counseling and think I learned to deal with some of those issues.. Of course, this pregnancy brought up a whole host of new things to think about... Thanks for the support!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c 03.08.11 at ~9 weeks
  • Options
    Name - KristiDue Date - 6/11Date Placed on Bedrest - 2/17Type - Hospital BedrestWhy ? IUGRQuestion of the Day- How are you preparing for LO with being on bedrest? Is the nursery finished? Have you packed your bag?Here's how we're preparing -- we closed on a house yesterday, the day after I was put on hospital bedrest. We have movers hired to come on Sunday. My MIL is at the new house trying to get some stuff situated before Sunday. We bought the nursery furniture 2 days before I was put on bedrest at home, but it won't be delivered for another week. So I am trying to not be stressed out about it, and know that I have a WONDERFUL DH and family that is trying to take care of most everything for us. So, I don't have a hospital bag packed, but DH keeps bringing me the things that I need. So, for now, I think I am as set as I am going to be. I am just terrified of them coming sooner rather than later. Update: I was put on hospital BR on Wednesday. Twin B (Elliot) has increased cord flow (resistance) and low amniotic fluid. We're waiting for our next doppler to see how he's doing since I've been hospitalized.   
    To Twinfinity and Beyond TTC since 3/2007 Heterozygous Factor V Leiden Diagnosed with PCOS 5/2008 3 TI Clomid cycles - BFN's 4 IUI various meds - BFN's Sept 2009 IVF #1: 100mg Clomid 125u Follistim, then some Repronex and Ganirelix.
    Beta #1: 223, Beta #2: 996, Beta #3 4,018, Beta #4: 17,000 , Beta 5: 47,000
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Name - Karen

Due Date - 3/18, induction sched for 3/9

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 30wk

Type - Modified Bedrest

Why ? Originally low-lying placenta (corrected), now PIH possible Pre-E 

Answer - Since this is LO#2 we had most of the major things already. But I have done a lot of online shopping for anything else I needed. DH and my sister have been awesome with painting and decorating the nursery. They finished it up this week. Yes, my bag is about 95% packed...just a few last minute things like my laptop, ipod and toiletries that I use daily.

Update - had my weekly dr's appt today. My BP was elevated again..but no protein in my urine so that was good. Had my first internal - sadly only about a fingertip dialated. Now we just wait to see if LO will com eon his own or if we go for our sched induction!! I am excited that either way I got 11 days or less - I can't tbelive the time is almost here!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Name - Karen

Due Date - 3/18, induction sched for 3/9

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 30wk

Type - Modified Bedrest

Why ? Originally low-lying placenta (corrected), now PIH possible Pre-E 

Answer - Since this is LO#2 we had most of the major things already. But I have done a lot of online shopping for anything else I needed. DH and my sister have been awesome with painting and decorating the nursery. They finished it up this week. Yes, my bag is about 95% packed...just a few last minute things like my laptop, ipod and toiletries that I use daily.

Update - had my weekly dr's appt today. My BP was elevated again..but no protein in my urine so that was good. Had my first internal - sadly only about a fingertip dialated. Now we just wait to see if LO will com eon his own or if we go for our sched induction!! I am excited that either way I got 11 days or less - I can't tbelive the time is almost here!!!

Other then that the last 2 days have been pretty sucky...my DD had a horrible stomach bug...lot of vomitting and a super high fever 102.7 at it's highest...scared the crap out of me. I can reasonably assume that was the reason for my elevated BP today. Thankfully the fever broke early this morning...so she is slowly starting too feel better - but man is that stressful.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"