Pittsburgh Babies

Cribs

Hi everyone, I am 20 weeks pregnant and thinking about cribs.  I am torn between buying a midprice crib ($420.00) with the matching furniture ($1000.00 for additional pieces) hoping that it will last for sometime or  going with a little cheaper set ($250).00 for crib and $500.00 for matching pieces) knowing that it won't last as long. The more expensive crib converts until a full size bed while the less expensive converts to a twin bed. 

How have other mamas experiences been with such sets?  Opinions?

Re: Cribs

• For DS we got a lifetime crib from BabysRus. bought the matching changing table for 100, then went to a furniture store and bought a chest of drawers in a style that's been around and can be added to at a later point. The dresser was around 450 and I expect it to last. It's put together so much better than the overpriced items in the baby stores. A week after DS was born the crib we had was recalled and we wound up w/ replacing it w/ another cherry crib. the stain on all three pieces is a little off, but it doesn't bother me at  all. Everything actually looks really good together.
  • I spent about $1200 in the baby furniture; like you I picked the somewhat expensive crib, just because it turned into a toddler bed and then to a full bed. I thought it was worth the cost since my son is going to be able to use it probably until he leaves for college.

I went to Babyland, and actually bought everything on layaway; I started when I was around 16 weeks and I had it at home around week 30. I liked it there because the furniture was of good quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"