Single Parents
Options

Kind of disappointed. . .

So the criminal trial for stbxh was all set for March 8th and I was mentally prepared for it and just wanted to get it over with.  Well, I found out yesterday that it was moved to april 19th, requested by his lawyer, so she had more time to prepare his case (digging around to find SOMETHING that will make him seem like less of an oxygen waster?  good effing luck. . .).  I'm disappointed that this is getting dragged out.  I don't want to keep reliving that god awful time in my life.  He will stay in jail till the trial, which is a good thing, and I have given my divorce lawyer all the info to draw up final papers (assets only.  we will ammend to include CS and visitation once we know the outcome of the criminal trial).  Hopefully he won't protest anything and just sign so the divorce can get over with.

Re: Kind of disappointed. . .

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there is nothing fast about our criminal justice system. Good luck with getting your divorce moving forward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh.  I know how you feel.  My XBF was charged in September and they're still in pre-trial motions.  He's been dragging it out for months, hoping that the victim will drop the charges.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At least you don't have to worry about him getting custody of LO!
  • Options
    I am sorry... I remember waiting on my ex's trial and I know bit can be stressful. I hope your divorce goes through well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"