Parenting after 35

f/u on jeans

I couldn't find either Joe's or Sevens, so those go on my list for the next time I'm in the US.  I did find the "Not your daughter's jeans," though, and got a pair of black straight-legs.  OMG they are comfortable, and I'm getting used to the "mom" rise.  I am super-happy because apparently I wear a 6 in them!  My Lucky's were 10s, and even one 12.

I got another pair of Lucky's, too, because I am weak.  I'm down to an 8!

I feel so much bigger and gooshier than I was pp, but apparently I am smaller.  Weird. 

Anyway, I am happy!  Thanks, all! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: f/u on jeans

• Yay!  I love Not Your Daughter's Jeans.  I even wore them before I had a daughter, LOL.

Glad you found 2 pairs of jeans that you like, and hooray for smaller sizes!

• yay for jeans that fit well and make you happy!!!!

i have a serious personal hatred of jeans at the moment. i bought a new pr of 7 but they do not go past my gigantic thighs. i know the waist would fit if i could just contort myself circus-style into the legs

• Loading the player...
  • You go, Hot Stuff!
  • imagePeppernut:

I got another pair of Lucky's, too, because I am weak.  

LOL.

What is the "mom" rise?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDaisiesinmygarden:
    imagePeppernut:

I got another pair of Lucky's, too, because I am weak.  

LOL.

What is the "mom" rise?

I think she means that they fasten at the belly button, and not below, LOL.

• It's when the waist of your pants is actually near your waist, instead of practically around your hipbones.  I've been wearing low rise jeans for so long it feels weird to have my jiggly belly contained.  I was afraid it would look too "80's," but it doesn't.  It's a more conservative look than I'm used to, but at least my muffin top is gone!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I thought that was what you might be talking about - having visions of "MOM brand jeans" ala SNL (though I am sure yours are nothing like that, but I love that skit) - but I wasn't sure because the really high waist makes my post pp muffin top/silhouette way worse because of my body type. I actually can really only pull off wearing lower rise (but not hip bone low) jeans. I would like to be able to wear higher rise jeans.

I'm glad you found jeans that work. It's so nice when you find the *perfect* jeans! Oh.. and an 8!!! GO YOU!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay! A great pair of jeans is crucial.
  • Stever is absolutely right - critical. Glad you found a pair!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"