North Carolina Babies

Random registry items: how much do we need (quantity)?

My target registry is almost *wiped out* and BRU is about 1/3 gone- we have 3 showers over the next week... so I'm wondering how many I need of the following??

- Burp cloths- I have about 15 from my sister already and I know mom had some "cute" ones made up (maybe 3?) with monogram.  How many addt'l?

- Dishwasher basket for bottle parts - we use our dishwasher a lot.  Will 2 be plenty? (Munchkin baskets)

-  Sheets - how many fitted sheets do you have on hand? 

- Nipples (we can buy these later)- rec'd 6, 8oz Dr. Browns as a gift (with the size 1 nipple) and already had 4 of the 4oz from my sister.  How many size 2/3 nipples?  My sister prob. has more bottles to give me.

Re: Random registry items: how much do we need (quantity)?

• - Burp cloths- I only used about 6 in rotation. You have PLENTY.

- Dishwasher basket for bottle parts - we use our dishwasher a lot.  Will 2 be plenty? (Munchkin baskets). Never used it at all, it is still in packaging, it is probably easier to hand wash everything and get a drying rack. ETA: I also formula feed and have never washed a bottle or parts or even a sippy cup in the dishwasher-I may be in the minority though!

-  Sheets - how many fitted sheets do you have on hand? I have 3, and only used 2 in rotation until recently. ETA: Jocelyn still sleeps in a sleep sack (and was previously swaddled) so we don't dirty the sheets very easily unless she spits up or pees through her sleep sack, both of which are rare events.

- Nipples:  I did not buy any extra nipples, one for each bottle in whatever size you need is plenty. We are going on 1 year of using Dr. Brown's nipples with the same bottles they came with and never had issues. So basically I had 6 bottles and ended up with 6 premie nipples, 6 size 1 and 6 size 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Clarification (if needed):

daycare baby, formula feeding only due to breast reduction (not sure it makes a difference in any of these).  IE: I can't do laundry every day- HA HA!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'd say you are set! :)
  • imagectnj:

My target registry is almost *wiped out* and BRU is about 1/3 gone- we have 3 showers over the next week... so I'm wondering how many I need of the following??

- Burp cloths- I have about 15 from my sister already and I know mom had some "cute" ones made up (maybe 3?) with monogram.  How many addt'l? You have plenty! We have about 6 cloth diapers for burp cloths and its usually enough

- Dishwasher basket for bottle parts - we use our dishwasher a lot.  Will 2 be plenty? (Munchkin baskets) Why would you need more than one? When you empty the dishwasher, you will empty the basket too. I rec. a drying rack for your counter. I don't like putting bottle parts in the dishwasher, but when I do they are never 100% dry anyway.

-  Sheets - how many fitted sheets do you have on hand?  We have 4 and its too many. I think 3 is a good number just in case.

- Nipples (we can buy these later)- rec'd 6, 8oz Dr. Browns as a gift (with the size 1 nipple) and already had 4 of the 4oz from my sister.  How many size 2/3 nipples?  My sister prob. has more bottles to give me. We EBF, but probably have the same # of nipples as we do bottles. This would make sense unless you use the drop-ins, then more nipples would be handy.

I would add some of the "older" things - like sippy cups, bowls, spoons, plates, safety items, books, toys etc. Even though you don't need them right away you will 100% appreciate them in a few months. Enjoy your showers - it sounds like you have some generous friends & family!!!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I'd say you have plenty of burp cloths...and u really only need one dishwasher basket cuz once u wash it u will empty it and it will be ready to be used again. id get one of those baskets and one bottle drying rack. And like dbert said u just need one nipple for each bottle. I have 2 fitted sheets but really only use the 1.  I would register even for some of the larger size diapers or a convertible car seat and such if u are needed to add stuff to the registry cuz from what u are asking about u have plenty of that stuff so i'd look into older things u might need.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have "older stuff" on there and rec'd the convertible car seat we registered for from a relative last week (a very pleasant surprise!).  No one is buying the diapers yet... boo.
  • - Burp cloths- I have about 15 from my sister already and I know mom had some "cute" ones made up (maybe 3?) with monogram.  How many addt'l? I think you're good. I will say that we went through them like crazy though. I will also add that the thick, cute Carters ones--we never used. We used the 12 pk of Gerber cloth diapers--the thinner ones--SO much at first. Holly spit up a lot when she was tiny.

- Dishwasher basket for bottle parts - we use our dishwasher a lot.  Will 2 be plenty? (Munchkin baskets) we really only used one of these, and we still do. We have a spare that I got for a buck at a consignment sale, but we rarely needed them both. The utensil basket in our dishwasher has sections that can be closed, so we'd use those sometimes.

-  Sheets - how many fitted sheets do you have on hand?  we have 3

- Nipples (we can buy these later)- rec'd 6, 8oz Dr. Browns as a gift (with the size 1 nipple) and already had 4 of the 4oz from my sister.  How many size 2/3 nipples?  My sister prob. has more bottles to give I started out with the just the nipples that came with the bottles, and bought more once I felt like we needed more.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• - Burp cloths- We have about 30 burp cloths, but DD did spit up a lot when she was little. I'd say she'd go through about 12 in one day..so we had about 2.5 days worth.

- Dishwasher basket for bottle parts - We have 2 of these. one for the dishwaher and one to fill when the other is full.

Sheets -We have 2 bed sheets which seem to be enough. just remember to get at least 2 waterproof pads as well.

Nipples--we never switched to a larger nipple so did end up buying additional Size 1 avent nipples for the bigger avent bottles. We also have dr. brown's and just kept the same nipples in those. i think we have about 15 bottles total.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"