New York Babies
Options

Rockland County Pediatricians

Hi!  I'm 8 months pregnant and looking for a pediatrician for my baby.  I REALLY want a doctor who is fine with spacing out vaccinations rather than giving them all the shots at once.  Does anyone go to a pediatrician or know of one that is willing to do this?  I'm in Suffern but willing to travel anywhere in Rockland County really!  Thank you.

Re: Rockland County Pediatricians

• Options

Hi Michele,

I live in Tuxedo and just met with Dr. Krebs in Suffern.  I asked the same question about spacing out the vaccinations (I was hesitant as well) and she basically told me that there is a reason that they give them at the times they do and that is to protect the baby when it is most vulnerable.  She said there is no connection between autism and multiple vaccinations and if I didn't want to use her after she told me that, she understood.  She is from Manhattan and really seems to know her stuff.  I liked that she was confident and willing to tell me that she is the doctor and she would never put my child in harm's way, baby comes first- ALWAYS.  I think we are going to use her when the baby comes in May because of that. 

I know this really doesn't answer your question, but I did want you to know that she seems to be really good and it would be worth at least going to interview her.  Maybe she'll convince you as she did us. 

Gin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Both of the pedi's I met with are flexible with spacing them out. We met with and liked very much. Palisades Peds and Bardonia Peds, both in New City. We ended up choosing Bardonia Peds, a bit closer to our home and they had 1 additional doc then Palisades.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr. Zatz in Nyack.. he's fine doing whatever you want RE vacs and everything else too. Can't say enough good things about him (its a single doc practice, old school style!)
  • Options

I have also heard Dr. Zatz in Nyack is good.

We go to Dr. Lerche at Bardonia Pediatrics.  They are fantastic! I went there growing up and so did my sister.  They will do anything you want and are so nice :) I can't say enough good things about them! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"