Upstate NY Babies

Removable high chair trays- Esp. FP?

Anyoe else have this problem?

The removable "dishwasher safe" tray (that doesn't fit in the dishwasher).. doesn't seem to stay on anymore.. Now that I'm taking it on and off regularly (since eve is eating a lot of finger foods, its easier just to take off the tray and dump it), it seems loose and Eve can pull it off herself.. which is a big pain!

i wonder if its worth a call to FP.. or if its just par for the course.. We only started using the Highchair when she was 6 months.. so its not like its been used forever.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: Removable high chair trays- Esp. FP?

• I'd call FP - companies typically don't like hearing complaints, so they'll do what they can to rectify the situation. I would say that it should still hold pretty well since you've only been pulling it off on a frequent basis for only a short period of time. We have a Chicco, and although it comes off a little easier than in the beginning, it is still hard for him to pull off himself after a year of use.
  • Mine still fit fine. And the stupid tray, fit perfectly into the dishwasher at my old house that was older and didn't have the sivlerware in the door.  New house, newer dishwasher with silverware in the door and the tray doesn't fit!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine stays on fine but doesnt snap on all the way-its flush on one side but the other side the removable tray sticks up a little and drives me nuts (yeah I'm kinda OCD)...DH just thinks I'm crazy! Haha!
  • We have the same chair- G started using at 6/7 months and started pulling the tray off making me crazy within a month.  It did fit in my dishwasher and so I kind of thought it was from the heat warping it but after reading this maybe not. 

I haven't used it since then and now that she can push under the table it's not a huge deal for me but I am curious what they say when you call.  Please keep me posted.

• I would call.  A part on a toy that we got Regan for Christmas stopped playing music, so I called and they were great about it.  Normally they have you ship the part to them, and they will send you a replacement.  But, since we were so close, they let me just bring it in to the store and they shipped a whole new toy from CA.  I think its worth it to find out what they can do for you, especially since you're so close by.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"