North Carolina Babies

Re: I think I love this website

• Loading the player...
  • Wow!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Awesome but yet sad at the same time that there are even numbers associated with preventable deaths/illnesses.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think this website has some wrong information. I have read her book and seen her on TV I never got the impression she was telling people not to vaccinate. She was telling people to do their research, be aware of the ingredients in vaccines and make an informed decision. Maybe I misunderstood her message.
  • imagelah1177:
    I think this website has some wrong information. I have read her book and seen her on TV I never got the impression she was telling people not to vaccinate. She was telling people to do their research, be aware of the ingredients in vaccines and make an informed decision. Maybe I misunderstood her message.

I guess my problem is that she has and continues to propagate misinformation.  The scientist/doctor who is responsible for the study that said that the vaccines were responsible has been widely discredited.  The journal that published his study has even said it should have never published it.  She claims it's all lies and that they are just on a witch hunt.

She also said this:

During her appearance on Oprahimage in 2007, she launched a typical fusillade: ?What number does it have to be ? for people just to start listening to what the mothers of children who have autism have been saying for years ? I told my pediatrician something happened ? after [he was vaccinated] ?? Boom ? the soul was gone from his eyes.? Later, when Oprah read a comment from the CDC stating that the vast majority of the science to date did not support her assertion, McCarthy replied, ?My science is Evan. He?s at home. That?s my science.?

Which, and now, I'm fuzzy on the details because I think she's an idiot and I don't pay much attention to her.  Maybe it's from her days farting on MTV, not sure...Anyway, I digress...She said that he started having seizures too.  As that website points out that her son may have been misdiagnosed.

And I agree with this persons take on her comments:

Actually that?s the exact opposite of science. It?s just something that happened. It would be like if a goat was choking on a gold coin, and then Jenny wrote a book claiming gold coins come from goats. If a dog barks and later it rains, the dog didn?t make it rain by yelling at the cloud. It was coincidence....

Further, the website points out that the Autism numbers continue to grow in spite of the insinuations that Thimerasol was the culprit (and has long since been removed from the vaccines).

• I do not think that vaccines cause autism at all and I certainly would not take my medical advice from her (I remember her farting days on MTV too!). But I do think it is a good idea to raise awareness of the ingredients in vaccines and encourage parents to do research and ask questions.

While I think raising awareness is a good thing, I think some people may be taking her message the wrong way. While I took it as do your homework, research, ask questions, some people may take it as all vaccines are bad, etc. So in that way, she has done a disservice. 

• I see what you're saying.  I guess all I hear is her saying "Vaccines BAD!" BUT - I haven't read her books to catch her full message.

• imageSpeedGlenn:

I see what you're saying.  I guess all I hear is her saying "Vaccines BAD!" BUT - I haven't read her books to catch her full message.

Exactly, and I think other people who are only seeing her highlighted on news programs, the internet, etc are taking that as her message. But in reading her book, I did not get that message. Like I said in my previous post, maybe I misunderstood her. But even if I just saw her message on TV, etc and thought she was saying all vaccines are bad and not to vaccinate, I definitely would not listen to her and make my vaccination decisions based on her. After all, she is best known for being in Playboy and farting on MTV, right? ;-)

• imagelah1177:

But even if I just saw her message on TV, etc and thought she was saying all vaccines are bad and not to vaccinate, I definitely would not listen to her and make my vaccination decisions based on her. After all, she is best known for being in Playboy and farting on MTV, right? ;-)

But you're smart!  Some people...not so much.  :)

• imageSpeedGlenn:
    imagelah1177:

But even if I just saw her message on TV, etc and thought she was saying all vaccines are bad and not to vaccinate, I definitely would not listen to her and make my vaccination decisions based on her. After all, she is best known for being in Playboy and farting on MTV, right? ;-)

But you're smart!  Some people...not so much.  :)

I did almost write that in my last post, just wasn't sure how it would come off, glad you said it, thanks!  ;-)

• It looks like she is reversing her opinion on the vaccines now.

I'm still doing some homework on this.  Good lord though, I don't want to have to read her book Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"