Parenting after 35

classes

what kind of classes, if any, do you do with your DD/DS? I'm looking to enroll my husband and daughter in something....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: classes

• We did Kindermusik classes starting around 4 months, and I have a lot of friends who do Music Together and really like that.  Our local Boys and Girls club has swim classes that start at 6 months (might be a good one for dad if you can find one), and we started gymnastics when she was 18 months old.   
  • We are doing signing.  I dont think a class i necessary, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • We go to the local library for baby fingerplay/storytime. It's free, so that's always nice. When she's a little older, I hope to bring her to swim classes.
  • imagemrszee2b:
    We did Kindermusik classes starting around 4 months, and I have a lot of friends who do Music Together and really like that.  Our local Boys and Girls club has swim classes that start at 6 months (might be a good one for dad if you can find one), and we started gymnastics when she was 18 months old.   

Swimming is a good idea..I'll have to investigate. I just signed them up for Little Gym...just something to get them out of the house. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedianah36:
    imagemrszee2b:
    We did Kindermusik classes starting around 4 months, and I have a lot of friends who do Music Together and really like that.  Our local Boys and Girls club has swim classes that start at 6 months (might be a good one for dad if you can find one), and we started gymnastics when she was 18 months old.   

Swimming is a good idea..I'll have to investigate. I just signed them up for Little Gym...just something to get them out of the house. 

The Dept of Recreation in our town has lots of options, including an open playtime for toddlers that my DH loves taking S to when he can.  You could see if your community offers any classes or activities, too.

• We just started a sign language class.
  • We sign up for swimming in a few weeks. I think we'll go to do a sign language class before then.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • We'll probably be doing a Gymboree class and a swim class in the next few months.
  • We have done ECFE (mommy and me type of classes but the dad's also particpate) through the school district - its part play with the kids and part parent discussion on different topics.  Did it 5 classes with older DD and in my 4th class with younger DD now.  We did a gymnastics class with older DD.  Both girls do soccer, older DD is in swim class but the parents don't swim.  We tried a baby swim class with younger DD but she hates it (loves the water, just not the class so we'll do that again when she is older).
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"