Baby Showers

Another hostess gift question

My aunt and possibly my cousins are hosting my baby shower in about 3 wks.  I called my mom the other day to ask who the invitation said was hosting the shower so that I could get them all a gift.  My mom was baffled and she said that she had never heard of getting the hostess a gift.  Is this just a regional thing?

Re: Another hostess gift question

• It might be a regional thing. I think it would be good manners to get to hostesses something though, even if its just a cutsey thing from Vera Bradley or some stuff from Bath and Body work or maybe a gift card to their favorite store....just my.02 though, (Vera Bradley has tons of cute cheap wallets/ wristlets and clutches on sale right now)
  • I doubt it's regional, the idea of a hostess gift has been around a long time.  Not everyone does it, though (although it's one of those things that obviously doing it when someone doesn't expect it is a nice surprise), it may just be your mom's never run across it.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with mysticporter.  It's kind of the same with taking a bottle of wine or whatever when you are invited to someone's home for dinner.  kwim? 

You could always give them just a Thank You card and invite them all over for lunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"