High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Talk me off the ledge! (GD)

I'm freaking out right now!

I am having raging cravings...one moment it's donuts, the next it's a blueberry muffin, then it's pancakes and syrup, then it's a candy bar...and this is all within the last 10 minutes.

::drools::

I can hear a mocking voice in my head (it's my mocking voice, BTW) saying "Make Good Choices!"    LOL

But I just want to go on a carbohydrate binge right now. I'd even settle for a mounding bowl of a fruit salad. ANYTHING OTHER THAN CHEESE AND PEANUT BUTTER!!!

::collapses into a pile of hormonal weeping...and test strips::

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Talk me off the ledge! (GD)

• Options

I'm with ya! I LOATHE PB right now and I use to LOVE it!

and same with cheese and eggs. I can't take this anymore!

• Options
    imageJaclyn278:

I'm with ya! I LOATHE PB right now and I use to LOVE it!

and same with cheese and eggs. I can't take this anymore!

I'm glad I'm not alone. I actually walked by the office vending machine and stared at the food (if you can call it food). I never eat out of a vending machine. All of a sudden that junk looks appealing.

What is wrong with me? I feel like a crazy person!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I went through this with my first pregnancy!  You are sooooo close to being done, just hang in there a little while longer and think about your healthy baby!!  Also, the nurse knew I had GD and as soon as I could eat (had a c-section), she brought me pancakes, syrup, orange juice, and yogurt.  HEAVEN!  I would have eaten anything other than eggs. 

You can do it!!

• Options
    I've been dealing with this by keeping a list of the things I'm really craving and I plan on indulging once a day after I've been given the ok after birth.  Plus I bought some of my favorite snacks to pack in my hospital bag (mint chocolate and jelly bellys).  It helps to remind me that this is temporary and I will be able to enjoy some of my favorite treats again in the very near future.
  • Options
    imagenelleebelle:

Oh but you can eat some of those things. :)

Fiber one makes pancakes and muffin that are pretty good I have to say!

I've had 'breakfast' for dinner a couple times since diagnosed.  I used the muffin mix to make mini-muffins and I have one with my snack and then my usual protein and so forth.

:) Just saying...

I HATE cheese as well and starting to hate peanut butter.

Last night I made the Fiber One Blueberry muffins. I made them in the mini muffin size so that I could eat two at a time. (In total, it's less than a normal sized muffin...but the fact that I can eat two tricks my brain into thinking I get more!)

I cannot tell you the sweet bliss that I enjoyed eating a warm blueberry muffin...no matter how tiny it was.

HEAVEN!

• Options

I bought sugar free cookies last night and sugar free fudgeciles(sp?). Why don't you look into sugar free options? They obviously still have carbs but if you stick to the serving size and whats allowed for you, it should take the edge off. 

Best of luck and stay strong :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"