North Carolina Babies

Bummed -- job related

Since I sit in my home office by myself and nobody's around to share this with, I thought I'd share with my internet friends.  I had applied for a gov. job a month ago -- a position I've been waiting to come available for 3 years.  And I just found out today that although I'm qualified for the position, they're not moving my applicaiton on for consideration.  Crying  I'm super bummed.  I'm trying not to be too upset because from talking with others that work for this agency, it sounds like it might have been a posting for a position they were planning to give to some through an internal promotion and thus, I had no chance anyways.  But still disappointing.  If that was the case, why do they waste tax payer money to post for jobs, look at resumes, only to turn around and give it to the person they were planning to promote -- just promote the person and stop wasting our time.

I'm hoping it wasn't just because I don't have what they're looking for. 

I guess I'm back checking weekly to see if they ever post again for the position.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bummed -- job related

• I'm sorry. Sad That's so disappointing. As for why they bother posting the position as open, it may be because for certain positions they are legally obligated to do so, no matter if they already have someone in mind. It sucks.
    Catching up on sports news...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Racey, I am so sorry!  I hope something comes along that is perfect for you and you will be perfect for the job. 

I think it is crap that companies have to post the job when in reality they already know who they want to hire.  It's such a waste of time and energy for those applying for the position.  As far as I understand, however, it's the law (someone can correct me if I'm wrong)...(::stating under my breath, the hiring of Mrs. Easley::)

Hugs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Bureaucracy sucks!!  I work for the feds and it is so much crap, I agree with you.  Why post if you already know who you want to get the job!  I'm sorry about the job.
  • Oh, I'm sorry. That would fry me as well. Sounds as if they are just publicizing intent to hire with candidates already in mind. :( Any way to network with people within the organization so you can hop on the nepotism train??
  • imagemurph04:
    I'm sorry. Sad That's so disappointing. As for why they bother posting the position as open, it may be because for certain positions they are legally obligated to do so, no matter if they already have someone in mind. It sucks.

pretty much this. i know how much it sucks though... my husband was actually on the other side really recently. his boss moved and DH wanted his job. we thought he was going to get it, but weren't sure. they HAD to post the job for 30 days AND interview 3 candidates. i felt so bad for those people who interviewed because it seemed pretty likely that DH would get the job.

• I'm sorry Racey...I hope you'll find something else soon...hugs! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• I am sorry, I know that must be disappointing. I am sure they already  had an internal candidate in mind, not that you were unqualified.
  • I'm sorry. It is very possible that legally they had to post the job, even if they knew who they wanted for the job.

I know people who's jobs were contract and the jobs were switched to federal so they had to reapply for their job. They were told their application meet all the requirements but was not being passed on to the selecting official. They were not rehired for a job they had worked for at least two years. The process does not make sense sometimes.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"