Secondary IF
Options

How much does an IUI procedure cost??

Please dont feel like you need to answer as I know this is kind of a personal question.  I dont have any insurance coverage for infertility and am wondering approx how much I will be paying out of pocket for this procedure.  I am sure it varies from office to office, but just curious what you all are being charged.

Thanks!

Re: How much does an IUI procedure cost??

• Options
    It REALLY varies. I've been charged anywhere between 110 for the actual proceedure all the way up to 400. I think a lot of it depends on who they're billing. You can also negotiate with them which sounds odd but ask about financial assistance programs, payment plans, etc. I think the average is abotu the 200 mark but that doesn't include sperm washing, etc.

You can ask your clinic for a list of charges. They have them and hand them out all of the time to OOP'ers (out of pocket'ers). They might even be able to email or fax it to you!
  • Options
    Oh wait, you're in Seattle (I am too and that's where I conceived DD), what clinic are you going to? I'd really look into and talk to the financial lady at Seattle Reproductive Med and if you're actually south of Seattle - Gyft clinic is in Tacoma and I know they "work with people" a lot - that's where I got PG with DD but don't expect the red carpet treatment. I'm not a huge fan of them honestly but if you already know your DX and everything and all you need is to be med'ed and IUI'ed, they might be an option for you. I'm pretty sure their inital consult = 260.00
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I currently am going to NW center for reproductive sciences.  I will check out the seattle one since I am more on the Eastside
  • Options

You really start getting into the larger sums of money when you do the injectable cycles.

My first cycle was:

Clomid-$10 for the clomid and $350 for the IUI

Second Cycle was:

The $360 above and around $150 for a trigger and u/s prior to IUI

Third Cycle was:

$500 from above and $750 for the injectables (two months worth).  I was able to resale the second month of injectables through my dr since I didn't use them.   There was probably another $200 ish in monitoring u/s during this cycle.

ETA-we were completely OOP as well but, they were able to use some code to where it was only $35 dollars per u/s on the monitored cycle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We pay close to $2K per IUI cycle. 

Clomid + Ovidrel shot = $100 (Clomid is covered for me but the HGC shot is not)

Cycle day 3 monitoring  = Approx $395 (U/S, meeting with nurse, and BETA to confirm not preg, which is required ughhhh)

Mid cycle check = approx $325

IUI - $525 and we normally do B2B so its $1050 (this includes sperm washing)

• Options

Yeah, ours is around $2,000 per injectable IUI.  The meds (Follistim, Novarel, and progestrone suppositories) are partially covered and are around a $150.  I have 3-4 u/s with bloodwork which are $425-495 each.  Then insemination is $500.  We do not ever do B2b because my RE thinks they are ineffective...don't know if I agree or not, just letting you know that a second insemination is not figured into my numbers.

GL!

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options
    I think, all told, we spent between $1250 -$1500 on our IUI. It was worth it.
  • Options

I don't have all our bills yet but you can call the office and they can tell/send you a price estimate on all procedures and stuff. I'm 100% out of pocket as well.

For this first IUI for me it was:

$9 for the clomid at walmart

$90 for the ovidrel trigger

$283 for the IUI with sperm wash

$180 for the prometrium (but my insurance covered this)

I've had three ultrasounds, two blood draws, two office visits, so those I'm not really sure how much they will be :(  I've decided not to go in for my beta and just take a HPT instead, so that will save me some money as well.

Good luck to you!! :)

• Options
    I'm sorry i can't help you since I'm Canadian and all our prices are different, I just wanted to say good luck!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Our's is pricey.

Sperm Wash : $150

IUI: $285

Office Visit: $85

Ultrasound $400

So, total is $920.

eta:  If you're talking a medicated, monitored cycle it is much more. On top of the costs above,

A clomid cycle is $575 for office visits and ultrasounds.  The clomid is $25 and trigger shots are about $175.  Blood work for me is $257 x 2 on CD's 3 and 12 and then $80 for CD21.  So, with the IUI costs, it is $2,289 total.

An injectible cycle is $1175 for office visits and ultrasounds.  I took clomid, menopur, ganirelix and ovidrel and that was all about $1,200.  Blood work on CD's 3, 10 and 12 was $257 x 3 and CD 21 is $80.  So, with the IUI costs, it is $4,146.

I think my RE might beon the more expensive side.  I should shop around.

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"