Preemies

ugh.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/32198337.aspx

(I changed the title, because I responded, lol)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ugh.

• If it was a tri-board, I would have said something, but I don't want to make enemies on my local board.

ETA- I responded, and I think I was nice? I don't know, it's so hard to remember that the rest of the world has no effing clue. I'm so thankful for you ladies!!!

• I had to sit on my hands once again not to reply to this one too.  They just don't get it.  But, I figured it was better not to have the mouthy "new yorker" heading over to critique a post in FL.  I wish I could anonymously PIP of my DD with a billion lines and tubes streaming from her little body.
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think your response with well worded. It's just hard for others to truly appreciate making it to 38+ weeks!

• Post like this make me sick....I hate the 3rd tri board sometimes..Some of them need to get some education on the matter...
  • You know, a few months ago I would have been really bothered by that.  Today, not as much because she is so close to term.

What really bothers me (still) is when people that start their complaining at like 30 weeks.  I remember a while back ago there was a girl that was trying to induce labor at 34 weeks and she wouldn't shut up about it.  A ton of pictures were posted of our LOs and she still didn't get the picture.  Now that bothers me.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• I think what you said things very nicely. I get so pissed at people too. I usually hold my tongue.

• Your response was much kinder than mine would've been.  I think I'm going to have to avoid the 3rd tri board later on for exactly that reason.
  • imageSWMcFarland:

You know, a few months ago I would have been really bothered by that.  Today, not as much because she is so close to term.

What really bothers me (still) is when people that start their complaining at like 30 weeks.  I remember a while back ago there was a girl that was trying to induce labor at 34 weeks and she wouldn't shut up about it.  A ton of pictures were posted of our LOs and she still didn't get the picture.  Now that bothers me.

I'm glad it bothers you less- hopefully time helps!!

• I think your response was fine. I avoid the tri boards for this reason. (I know it wasn't a tri board)

I'm also of the opinion that if you're full term and talking about it as a way to vent, I'm not really upset. If you're at 30 weeks and talking like that, you're a moron and need some perspective.

If you're in the final months and just complaining about your backaches, I'm not upset about that either. Complaining about how you're feeling is different from saying you want the baby out now or you want him/her to come tomorrow. 

• imagebeachykeen1723:
    imageSWMcFarland:

You know, a few months ago I would have been really bothered by that.  Today, not as much because she is so close to term.

I'm glad it bothers you less- hopefully time helps!!

Time and Wellbutrin!  :-)

On some level, it will always bother me that I never made it far enough to get to that point.  But, had I, I am sure I would have been one that did complain and say things, oblivious to how hurtful it can be to others.  Oh, to go back to being oblivious to prematurity and NICU life!!!  ;-)

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• I couldn't help it. I had to respond too. I would give anything to be that far along and have LO still inside of me!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"